Conversation Between alexob53 and PMS
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. alexob53
    10-20-2015 12:33 PM
    Thank you very much! When I am able to get to access the car, I will try this method and report the results. I will first try resetting the electronics by removing negative terminals (in correct order), then look for any burnt out fuses in the fuse box, then remove the head unit and check that fuse as well as doing some tests with a multimeter. Again, thanks for your help!
  2. alexob53
    10-20-2015 12:22 PM
    Thank you very much! When I am able to get to access the car, I will try this method and report the results. I will first try resetting the electronics by removing negative terminals (in correct order), then look for any burnt out fuses in the fuse box, then remove the head unit and check that fuse as well as doing some tests with a multimeter. Again, thanks for your help!
  3. PMS
    10-17-2015 08:40 AM
    PMS
    Hi Alex,
    For your reference, you will be able to get a list of all the fuses on this forum. I posted the list provided by the IETIS service manuals. Using the search function in the forum, look for "fuse" and you should find my posts on this subject. Re: your infotainment screen, I recommend the following. Disconnect your two batteries (do the starter battery first and the house battery second). Only disconnect the negative terminal. Wait 3-4 minutes and then reconnect in reverse order. You will need to initialize the windows and the trunk mechanism will need about 8 minutes to sort itself out. If this doesn't clear up the issues, and your fuses are good, then you may have to replace the head unit. It is important to note that the infotainment heads are year-specific. Also note that the infotainment head is temperature sensitive. When the cold weather comes, it sometimes takes my unit 10 minutes to get the electrons working.

regards,
    Peter
  4. alexob53
    10-14-2015 04:43 PM
    PMS,
    I was hoping you could help me out with a problem. I saw you commenting on a problem with the head unit. The infotainment system on my 07' flying spur is acting up. Intermittently, the screen is black, the radio does not turn on, but I can still adjust the ride height using the scroll wheel. Any suggestions that I could check? Is there any fuse that goes only to the screen and radio? Is there a certain connector relating to those types of features without relating to the scroll wheel and ride height/stiffness controller? Thank you! Alex