Conversation Between zonnie and Brewski88
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. zonnie
    03-31-2016 04:34 PM
    Hey Brewski,

I really didn't want to do the PPI. When I called in, all they would do is look at the vehicle to determine if it has been in an accident, drive it for feel, and inspect visually and get carproof. Most of the inspection is visuals. Some might check the bores inside the engine but the v8 in the Cayennes are bulletproof. You don't hear about too many just flunking or catastrophic failures with engine.

I bought an 08 Cayenne S with 100kms no accidents with service records for 25k. I skipped the PPI. The mechanic that did my oil also did a multi point inspection and said everything was fine - no leaks.

99% of the time when something is wrong with the vehicle the mechanics dont know what it is until a further diagnostics (which cost more)

I wouldn't advise doing a PPI with the dealer you're buying from.
    Aren't cooling pipes 1k job? You're spending half of that on the PPI!

Anyhow, are you driving the vehicle to Calgary? Goodluck, keep me posted!
  2. Brewski88
    03-31-2016 10:37 AM
    Saw your message on my forum post.

The Cayenne S is listed at $12,900. Its originally from a porsche dealer in Victoria, spent some time in Van(Surrey) and is now in Calgary. It is very very clean, and I think priced appropriately. I'm just a little concerned that there isn't much for service records. With the mileage, i'd like to know if the coolant pipes/driveshaft have been done. I called around to as many places as I could with the VIN number and didn't get any info.

I'm just deciding if I'm going to drop $500 bucks at the porsche dealer to have it thoroughly inspected - definitely need to know if the coolant pipes have been done or not. What are your thoughts???

I've been looking in Van as well, a couple nice ones on Kijiji. Have you seen anything else? What did you buy?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/c...ationFlag=true

i drove it the other day and it was awesome.