Conversation Between Ynot and DocMartin9
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Ynot
    03-16-2011 07:47 AM
    Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, work on your lines first, heel and toe, get more familiar with your car at the limit. Then go for the turbo, for 10K you get 150 plus hp, you can't go wrong but might be a bit much on the track for an unskilled driver.

The boost comes in pretty quickly but pretty linear, it's unlike old turbo from the past, where you have to wait for the turbo to spool. But you can still feel the lag especially driving a N/A one before you get into the turbo. Yes it might be hard to handle on the track with all that hp. My opinion, N/A cars on better for the track, more predicable, more responsive. A set of coil-overs and more track days is probably better.

If you are really serious, I would buy a cheap miata, e36, or 944 and make it a race car. It's cheaper to replace parts and if you crash it, it will not hurt as much.
  2. Ynot
    12-13-2010 08:47 PM
    I love it, did about 200 hundred miles so far. The speed comes in gradually like a naturally aspirated car, below 3,500 rpm it's very quiet and normal. After 3,500rpm it's gets very loud and brutal, you are into 3 digit speed as soon as you look at the speedo. Yes it is TPC, the guys there really did an excellent job with the car. I have nothing but positive comments in regards to TPC.
  3. DocMartin9
    12-13-2010 07:01 PM
    How are you liking the aftermarket turbo on the 4S now that you have had it a while? Is it a TPC?