Conversation Between Matt(inMA) and socalbd
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Matt(inMA)
    11-01-2011 10:20 AM
    I felt somewhat the same as you. I really like the lobster fork design but in silver they were just not doing anything for me. So I started to explore options for other wheels but those can be very costly and I didn't trust I'd be able to pick a wheel and end up regretting my choice. That left me thinking about what I could do with what I have. I wanted to somehow keep to the Porsche design. In speaking with my indie mechanic he suggested a satin black powder coat in the same color as older Fuch's wheels. I gave it a shot and really liked the outcome. The drawback to the black wheels was now the black calipers were invisible. So again in keeping it Porsche correct I chose to paint my calipers silver (found on older 911s) and not miss represent the car with red or yellow since my car in a C2. And with the left over caliper stickers I thought I'd put them on each wheel and see how they look. Overall I like it... hope that helps

Best,

Matt
  2. socalbd
    10-31-2011 10:58 PM
    Matt, what's the story behind your wheels? They look great. I hate my silver lobster forks, but yours look awesome. Powder coat, or? Where/how? Thx!