Conversation Between ///MJFDDS and 1play
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. ///MJFDDS
    06-13-2013 02:38 PM
    Hey 1play....I do think the the handling is much improved with the Bilstein coil overs. I would definitely say a decent improvement over, say, springs alone. Now I don't know if they are any better than the KW variant which I contemplated at one point. I don't see the need for the sport setting on the Damptronics and rarely ever use it. So maybe you could save some $$ by going the KW route.

I would say that you will be pleased with the AWE cats. I notice a slight loss in low end acceleration, but it is made up for when you hit the beginning of the middle power band. I could argue the exhaust sound improvement alone is a good reason to upgrade the cats.

I did not have any front end instability adding the center radiator.

Hope this helps in your decision making.

Matt
  2. 1play
    06-11-2013 04:00 PM
    Hello MJFDDS,

I have a 2007 997.1s and was wondering if the Bilstein Damptronics are worth the $3k and a huge improvement in your cars handling? I have a number of suspension mods and I was considering the B16 for dual track/street purpose.

I am considering IPD Comp. plenum/GT3 throttle body and AWE 200 cats to go with my X51 headers and Gundo hack. I would welcome your feedback on the AWE cats and if you experienced loss of low end torque?

I was also wondering if you noticed lift or front end instability once you added the center radiator to your car? I experienced instability and the only mod that seemed to work was a GT3 cup splitter I am adding the GT3 upper air grill (smiley face) this week in hopes of more front end stability.

Thanks!