Conversation Between jpflip and Peter Jensen
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4
  1. jpflip
    03-25-2018 08:28 AM
    I only torque them all to the specifications. So far so good. Especially the drive shafts need to be torque to the specs!!! Really important....
  2. Peter Jensen
    03-23-2018 05:12 AM
    JP. I am beginning the reassembly process after removing the engine to weld all of the coolant pipes. Should I be using semi permanent Locktite on all the bolts or simply torquing them to the specifications?
  3. jpflip
    02-23-2018 01:07 PM
    OMG I am so sorry....I just saw your message... I don't know why but it just pop up today???? Sorry Peter ;-( I am really happy if my thread help you for the engine removal. My lines were not jammed into the casting but the flare fitting was jammed on the line itself!!! After cutting the line at the fitting I was able to remove the fitting from the water pump housing easily.... But I guess you already figure out a way to remove it ;-) A canadian in North Carolina!!! You had the choice between Trump or Trudeau and you choose the old man LOL!!!! I really hope the work on the TT was easy and successful. Sorry again for this late answer, J.P.
  4. Peter Jensen
    02-18-2018 12:17 PM
    jpflip. I also have a 2002TT and have been following your instructions on the engine pull and steps to remove the parts to weld the coolant fittings. Unfortunately I am running into the same problem you had with the turbo oil lines being corroded into the cast section that holds the water pump. I have tried everything and am certain I will now need to replace both lines. Any advice on getting these removed without damaging the machined surface of the castings?

Thanks very much. Your posts were the only thing that gave me the courage to attempt this difficult job. The parts list was also extremely helpful.

BTW. I am also Canadian from St John New Brunswick and am now located in North Carolina.

Pete