Conversation Between roketman and Sladep
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. Sladep
    11-07-2014 02:14 PM
    Roketman,
    Thanks for the reply. What is the altitude at which you drive and live? My guy at EVOMS explained that due to living and driving at 6,000 ft. plus, when I'm below about 2,800 rpm, which is basically from 0 - 10 psi boost, the car is going to feel very laggy. That makes sense since at this altitude there is about 18% less oxygen than at sea level. Once I cross about 2,800 rpm, my boost builds rapidly and so does the hp and torque, of course. I wish I could find someone who has either a GT2 with Cobb tune or a 997 TT with mods like a GT2 with Cobb tune so I could go for a ride and see how it feels. I am going to Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca in October, 2015 so maybe I can find one there.
  2. roketman
    11-06-2014 05:35 PM
    Sladep
    I really like the Cobb tune.The power range is very linear.I find it pull hard thru the whole rev range.The old tune I had was very jumpy in the low rpms.This is really trick.I believe its the wave of the future as far as tuning goes.
  3. Sladep
    10-26-2014 11:45 AM
    Hey roketman,
    Saw your post on your Cobb AP tune on your GT2. Thought I'd contact you to see how you like your results so far. I have an '08 GT2 as well. My mods include tune by EVOMS (on the bench, not in the car), Europipe stage 2 exhaust, EVOMS 650HP headers, EVOMS BRVs. My powerband comes on hard around 3,000 rpm. I would like more low end, from around the 2,200 rpm point. It doesn't feel like the Porsche-claimed 500 ft/lbs of trq, much less an increased amount due to the EVOMS work. Am going to check my VTG actuators to make sure they are functioning properly, as the amount of hit that comes on @ around 3,000 is very hard. Does your GT2 pull hard in the 2,200 - 3,000 rpm range? I am building decent boost by 2,800 rpm but the acceleration isn't that impressive. I of course don't have the AP to be able to log any data. I have AP for an STi I own and have modified, but that isn't helpful here. Interested in your experiences overall as well as with your AP. thx