Conversation Between BMiller33 and JoeinLA
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. JoeinLA
    10-12-2010 08:34 PM
    part 2:

Caveat is that, in a fit of extreme love (which is often foolish :P ), my wife bought the car for me without have a PPI done (yeah, she's not the car buyer in the family :P ). We did have the carfax and a few other "diligence" items, but no PPI is a little scary :P I'm going to have the car checked out tomorrow just to make sure. Hopefully everything is kosher... but, yeah, the price is pretty dang good (or at least we thought so which is why we jumped on it). I did drive the car from Phoenix to Los Angeles and it drove like a champ, so I'm hopeful that there aren't any real issues here.

Let me know if you want any more bloody details :P
  2. JoeinLA
    10-12-2010 08:33 PM
    Heya,

How we ended up with this particular is a bit of a story. Let me know if you want the long version, but the short version is that we were looking at another car from this dealership and we ended up not going with that other car due to price. My wife talked with the salesman and told her our parameters (we were looking for a low mileage 2002+ w/tip for around $40k). He said that he had a customer that was considering buying a new 997TT and that he had this car to trade, and that if that customer traded in his 996tt, then maybe he could just have us buy that one so the customer could get the 997TT. The salesman wasn't sure if the customer would buy the 997TT, but a few days after we talked, we got a call saying that he just got this in, and he'd give it to us for this great price just to move it and so it basically doesn't sit on the lot for more than a few days. We ended up buying the next day.