Conversation Between karlfranz and NastyPirate
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. NastyPirate
    07-04-2015 04:03 PM
    So, what it comes down to is this: With the only major difference being the gearbox, what will I experience with both of them? This car will be a DD that will do a route of Santa Monica, Hollywood, Bev Hills and the studios. Canyons on the weekends.

I know that there will always be something newer and better. I am not a race car driver/reviewer. I have never owned a double-clutch, so I have no frame of reference. All my exotics have been 6 on the floor. Part #2 to follow.

Is the 6 Auto really laggy, or is there just a learning curve? Will it handle L.A. traffic (I fortunately do not have to drive at rush hour)? Will I be happy with it, having no frame of reference?

Or, is the 8 speed box that much better as to change the parameters of the car and experience?
  2. NastyPirate
    07-04-2015 04:02 PM
    I need a new "statement" car in the near-term. I found a DEEPLY discounted '14 Volante that would provide the colors and spec that I would order on a new one. I'm not thrilled with the avails on the '15's that are available on the lots nationwide; some I could be happy with, and the combos are nice, but they are not "unique" for this kind of money. I don't really want to wait to order and I would only be "OK" with the 15's that are available.

So, what it comes down to is this: With the only major difference being the gearbox, what will I experience with both of them? This car will be a DD that will do a route of Santa Monica, Hollywood, Bev Hills and the studios. Canyons on the weekends. Part 3..
  3. NastyPirate
    07-04-2015 04:01 PM
    Hi KF-

I have read all of your posts and your responses on the AM forum. First, I give you a ton of credit for being so gracious with your time and your easy temperament in your responses. As I have chosen you as my AM Guru, I would like to ask for your kind thoughts and advice on the following:

I was originally looking for a DBS, but stumbled upon the great pricing on the '14 Vanquish and love the look. Having read some pretty negative reviews of the 6-speed auto box, I started looking at the '15's and their ZF box, which seems to get rave reviews.