Conversation Between elite1 and agil
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. agil
    02-22-2019 11:15 AM
    One more question, did you do the pulley upgrade when going to a lightweight single mass flywheel?

Thanks again!
  2. agil
    02-22-2019 01:08 AM
    From my research I would say the Control Arms are a strength and maintenance upgrade and should have little impact on the way the car drives, correct?. Similarly, I think the GT2 Sway bar differences may only be felt closer to the limits and not necessarily on any cornering you are likely to do on the street.

I could not find much on the CUP shifter, though some people just use the cables. Can you tell me how this might affect driveabilty compared to a stock?

Going back to OEM from H&R springs seems relatively affordable, so I am not too worried about that.

My main concern is the single mass flywheel. I read that the combo you have minimizes chatter. Did you find that to be true? Is it harder to drive without stalling?

Finally, may I ask how often you tracked the car? What % of the 67.5k miles you put on it from daily driving vs. track days? Was the car reliable for you?

I would appreciate anything you can tell me to help me make a final decision.

Thanks!
    Alan
  3. agil
    02-22-2019 01:03 AM
    Hi,

I was hoping you could help me out. I am looking at buying your old car which is for sale again in Colorado. I was wondering if you could tell me a little about modifications you made, which I gathered were the following:

997 CUP and RSR control arms,
    997 GT2 Sway bars,
    996 Cup Shifter,
    RS 4.0 clutch, RS release bearing and Sachs flywheel replaced at 67.5k miles
    H&R lowering springs.

I will be driving the car soon (in the next few days as it was out for servicing and detailing), but though I have driving a 996 Turbo and a few 997.1 Carerra S cars, I have not driven a 997 Turbo for comparison. This will be a weekend/occasional car for me, but I do want to preserve a daily driver type feel so I am concerned about the effect of the mods on drive-ability.

(continued next post)