Conversation Between Ron Avery and mrveda
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. mrveda
    08-13-2016 05:48 PM
    Thanks Ron - you've been a great help! The sales guy just called me and denied all knowledge of the accident and driving abuse (of course) and said it was great news they encouraged/allowed me to inspect the car! I found another dealer in Cleveland who discount new Vantages but their Inventory are all 2015 models with the older center stack. They are asking $119k for a new 60 mile $126k Msrp Vantage GT Roadster plus they'll offer me a good trade price for my Audi and do all the transfer, tag and taxes which San Diego told me I would have to do myself. They claim to have the best prices Nationwide at www.clevelandmotorsports.com
  2. mrveda
    08-13-2016 05:05 PM
    The sales guy is off today. Would you still consider a car like this with the history? My only suspicion with this dealership is they have it priced pretty low as if there is an issue with the car but they present it as a bargain to sell at their loss. I can't help but feel they knew full well the car was involved in an accident and was abused in the last year. The Inspector told me that CarFax only shows 70% of the truth as many repairs are done under the radar like on this car and not disclosed to CarFax. Otherwise the car looks and drives great. He said any experienced car person can see all the paint work blended as all the wax and orange peel are gone to reveal a mirror like finish. I know these cars are tough and can take abuse but with this history and car filler with new paint etc, it no longer looks like such a great deal. I would disclose these findings to a future buyer in good conscience and I would think this would deter most dealers and buyers from ever buying from me.
  3. mrveda
    08-13-2016 04:32 PM
    Hey Ron - following on from my inspection.... the Inspector was very experienced - told me the car was in a moderate car accident - all rear quarter panel filled and painted, door blended, rear trunk painted. Compound white stains in all the trunk rubber seals etc. Car was towed and rear wheel replaced with odd tire. Am totally in shock they tried to sell a car as in new condition with a clean CarFax showing no accident history. Also rear brakes over half worn which is unexplainable for a 4k mile car unless the car was being used for stunts to spin the car manually using the handbrake. From brakes still almost new. Its possible he dealer had no knowledge but given that there was no prior owner - only Aston, someone knows the history and had to pay for the repairs. He said the accident devalues the car by 10-30% but would put most buyers off until the car becomes a few years old. Am very pleased to have found this Inspector.
  4. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 04:13 PM
    Any update?
  5. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 12:33 PM
    Car not card. Damn auto correct. Let me know what the inspector comes up with.
    Ron
  6. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 12:33 PM
    I would have them replace all the tires so they match and also replace the brakes which would be part of the service. Beautiful card by the way. And that B&O stereo is simply awesome
  7. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 12:31 PM
    They also have the 2016 GT Coupe in Skyfall silver. For $114,000. If you're worried about the abuse of a press car that one comes pretty close even though it has less equipment
  8. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 12:13 PM
    OK I just looked at the car I didn't know it was a convertible! $44,000 sounds like a great deal. You have the B & O stereo and some other good options the main difference between your car and mine is a few more carbon fiber options and the Alcan Tara seats.
  9. mrveda
    08-13-2016 11:56 AM
    Hi Ron

Thanks for your replies on the Forum. I have an Independent Inspector there now at Aston in San Diego. They are advertising $110k as a used car with almost 5k miles. I don't feel they are being 100% open about the history. Another Aston Dealer in Cleveland just told me they were offered the car but all press cars are renowned to be thrashed on a track and beaten to death when sold. I'll let you know the report results. Greatly appreciate your help! Many Thanks!
  10. Ron Avery
    08-13-2016 11:51 AM
    My phone # 818-205-4913
    Ron Avery