Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Polished my black car today (warning, Honda content!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
It's okay... Your not the only not own these fancy car. I have an EJ6 hatch and I'm on this site. The reason I'm on this place is because I like how detailing info. are more better than other forums.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Linko4
It's okay... Your not the only not own these fancy car. I have an EJ6 hatch and I'm on this site. The reason I'm on this place is because I like how detailing info. are more better than other forums.
We work hard to make sure you guys get genuine and factual advice based on real-world exprience and not marketing or hype. There are so many forums that have so much content on detailing and 90% of all the info is BS and something someone read out of a Car and Driver or Motor Trend ad. As long as you guys keep asking the great qustions and sharing your experiences, I enjoy giving the advice away. I want this forum to be a place where the DIY detailer can come to and get valuable advice and content at no charge. I know there are other boards that the detailing section becomes more of an advertising section for professional detailers than content to educate. So far, we're doing OK in that department. Phil and I are the only sponsors and there are others that should be sponsors if they want to keep posting their work.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
xxx and I are the only sponsors and there are others that should be sponsors if they want to keep posting their work.

I knew that was coming, it was just matter of time............

Old 01-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tito
xxx and I are the only sponsors and there are others that should be sponsors if they want to keep posting their work.

What do you mean?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Tito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud ofTito has much to be proud of
If I misunderstood your sentence my apologies at front;

I know that you guys have spend a lot of money to become a forum sponsor,I also know that it is not correct for anyone to post links or advertise other brands when you guys give so much to the community,but I do enjoy seen other peoples work, I don't think is fair that you have to be a forum sponsor to show your work, I think anyone should be able to post the results of their hard work, that does not mean that you can advertise or link to other sites with other products, that is not fair for you guys.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute

well we do pay a nice premium to be here

Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Premium Sponsor
If I misunderstood your sentence my apologies at front;

I know that you guys have spend a lot of money to become a forum sponsor,I also know that it is not correct for anyone to post links or advertise other brands when you guys give so much to the community,but I do enjoy seen other peoples work, I don't think is fair that you have to be a forum sponsor to show your work, I think anyone should be able to post the results of their hard work, that does not mean that you can advertise or link to other sites with other products, that is not fair for you guys.
I have no problem with non-professional detailers posting pictures of their cars. I think that's great. There's nothing more satisfying when someone you've never met follows advice here and achieves great results and is excited to share. That's how we learn and grow.

But I do have a problem with the guys that we all know are pros and they're on autopia, autogeek, rennlist, etc. and now they're here as well posting before/after shots. Pony up that $$ and be legit. This forum isn't a "FYI: look at my work. I did a good job and I can do the same on your car" venue.

But most of the members here are pretty smart anyway and see through a advertorial. I speak for myself here, but before I became a sponsor, I think I only posted 2-3 threads that actually had cars I worked on, and I've been here since '05 and post daily. Back then, there weren't even any sponsors in the detailing forum. I figured the education and lessons I gave would get my merits as a detailer and gain trust amongst the board members.

And guess what, it worked. When I became a sponsor, nothing much changed other than now people see the link below my name and can easily navigate to my site. I like being a sponsor because I can more freely post. I only do features on cars if I feel it's of value.

I've always felt your portfolio is your website. The forums are a place to hang out, talk shop, and basically a party with those you like to mingle with. No one likes the guy that solicits business at a party and hands you a business card when all you want to do is have a good time with your buddies.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by pyiu
well we do pay a nice premium to be here
True...and if someone can't afford the cost, save up. How hard is it to take a little out of each detail and set it aside to be on a forum you enjoy and care about. 6speed is the first forum I'm a sponsor on because I care about the board and its members. It was an easy decision to become a sponsor and I paid my $$ to keep the site going. It's give and take.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:04 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Flite,

you should be proud of yourself! and you're right...Phil is AWESOME! man...only in Hawaii can you take off your shirts like that in WINTER month!!!

Thx for sharing... looks great.

John

Last edited by cellg8; 01-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by cellg8
Flite,

you should be proud of yourself! and you're right...Phil is AWESOME! man...only in Hawaii can you take off your shirts like that in WINTER month!!!

Thx for sharing... looks great.

John
This is what this forum should be about John. Guys like Flite doing their own cars and sharing their experience for the joy and education of other members. Hat's off to you for stepping it up a notch Flite and improving your detailing abilities.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Linko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura aboutLinko4 has a spectacular aura about
Yea it's all about sharing experience and giving out knowledge to others.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I've never machine polished a car myself. I'm considering getting a Porter Cable so that I can. How long does it take to polish a car, assuming just a white pad is needed for polish and a black one for wax? My car is black too.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
elmel,

you would probably have to access what condition the paint is in and then go from there.

a pc with the correct pads would be a good start.

do you have swirls on the paint, light scratches?

Here are some videos scroll down and take a look they are different paint conditions and polishing steps.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...on=Custom&ID=3

Old 01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
pyiu, I watched the Adam's videos, thanks. But it's still hard to tell how long it'd take to do a full car. I have only light swirls, probably from going to a car wash three times a week. Yeah, yeah, I know, that's sacrilege.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Former Vendor
wow a car wash 3 times a week. its not all bad but I wonder if those mitts are clean...

I wanted you to watch the polishing videos on the bottom of the page. As for the process it really depends what do you want out of it. Wash and wax maybe 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, or a full detail like a pro 6-20 hours depends really on what level you want to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Polished my black car today (warning, Honda content!)