Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

2008 Aston Martin Vantage New-Car Prep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by parkedr
This is my car and I have to say that I am amazed, but not surprised, at Moe's job on the new car prep.

I think we were both shocked at the condition of the paint coming from the factory. The dealer routinely sends new cars to a body shop after arrival to correct the paint, but I didn't want anyone but Moe to touch the car. As far as I am concerned, the final results speak for themselves.

Yet another kick-*** detail by Moe. The guys at the dealership were very impressed with the work.

I also think that it is going to be really cool to have the new car prep photos 20 years from now.

Oh, and the Scotch had almost no influence on my opinion

And one more thing, when Moe wrote that the imperfections were minimized, he wasn't kidding. We went out to a gas station the night he finished it and looked at the paint under a bright fluorescent light. He tried to point out some remaining problems - I played along, but I really had trouble seeing anything that wasn't perfect.

Thanks man,

Rob
Thanks for the kind words Rob. As always, a pleasure and treat working on your stable. You have impeccable taste.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Amazing job!

That Aston is nice.

Old 02-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
Amazing job!

That Aston is nice.
Thank you. As much as it is hard work working on Aston Martins, the end result is always short of breathtaking. The paint is amazing since it's been sanded and little orange peel exhists. The fit and finish inside and out is among the best in the world. And let's face it, it's one sexy car

Old 03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
pratt is on a distinguished road
thanks for sharing, great post

Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Banned
BrianBrice is on a distinguished road
Nice work!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Rydawg is on a distinguished road
Gorgous car!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:21 AM
Rickrack is on a distinguished road
Moe, this is one of the best write-ups I have seen in a while. Great detailed documentation and spectacular photos! I have worked on more than a few Astons and still can't believe how they are delivered to the dealers. Good thing you were there to get it looking *better* than new!

parkedr- Congratulations on such a beautiful car. You are lucky to have such a highly skilled detailer such as Moe to keep it looking great!

Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
AG007 is on a distinguished road
Awesome write-up and great work!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Great work Moe. Nice to see other detailers taking the time to bring a vehicle up to the proper standards...

Rob, btw, I detailed the Caymen a day or two ago, didn't have the time to take it to the extent that Moe did your AM, but I do live 4 hours away.

Josh

Old 04-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by G35man04
very nice work! wish you would around the dallas area.

I don't mean to threadjack Moe's work, but if you're looking for a quality detailer that can perform on the level of what Moe did with the AM, then PM me and we can set something up.

Thanks,
Josh

Old 04-01-2008, 10:12 PM
parkedr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rickrack
parkedr- Congratulations on such a beautiful car. You are lucky to have such a highly skilled detailer such as Moe to keep it looking great!
Thanks. I agree with you on Moe.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
Moe, I'm with everyone else.. great job making it look like an actual NEW car. I'm curious... what did you use for paint correction and why did it take so long?

Originally Posted by JoshVette
I don't mean to threadjack Moe's work, but if you're looking for a quality detailer that can perform on the level of what Moe did with the AM, then PM me and we can set something up.

Thanks,
Josh
Where's the 'popcorn' smiley when you need one?!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by lecchilo
Moe, I'm with everyone else.. great job making it look like an actual NEW car. I'm curious... what did you use for paint correction and why did it take so long?

Oh Ivan....now you're asking me to give away our trade secrets. Let's just say no wetsanding is involved in the process. This AM did NOT go through the paint correction process to remove the marks made by the factory. The time I had mentioned is the time it would take if it were corrected. Sometimes you have to make the decision of is it worth removing that much paint for a car that's going to be a daily driver. In this case, both the client and I didn't think this level of correction was necessary. But the great news, after days of trial and error, I figured out how to correct it in a manner consistent with my philosophy.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by lecchilo

He was asking for a detailer in Dallas, that's why I offered.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by JoshVette
He was asking for a detailer in Dallas, that's why I offered.
What's popcorn smiley?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Aston Martin Vantage New-Car Prep