Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

2008 Aston Martin Vantage New-Car Prep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
Moe:

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chardonet
Moe:

What does it mean though?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:33 AM
chardonet will become famous soon enoughchardonet will become famous soon enough
Subscribed to the thread; looking forward to the responses, etc.

Side Note: Will call you right now to order some stuff....

Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Oh Ivan....now you're asking me to give away our trade secrets. Let's just say no wetsanding is involved in the process. This AM did NOT go through the paint correction process to remove the marks made by the factory. The time I had mentioned is the time it would take if it were corrected. Sometimes you have to make the decision of is it worth removing that much paint for a car that's going to be a daily driver. In this case, both the client and I didn't think this level of correction was necessary. But the great news, after days of trial and error, I figured out how to correct it in a manner consistent with my philosophy.
The only trade secrets in detailing are technique... obviously you took a polish and a pad and a machine and polished it... you posted your process before (using Meznerna, and LC pads) so I was just curious what your were doing to take 20 whole hours on paint correction on a new car, that's all. now that you say it's not actually 20 hours, I'm not curious anymore...

What's popcorn smiley?
It's the smiley that means I'm sitting here watching drama go down since he, out of nowhere, stuck his offering of services in the middle of your thread showing off a detail...

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lecchilo
The only trade secrets in detailing are technique... obviously you took a polish and a pad and a machine and polished it... you posted your process before (using Meznerna, and LC pads) so I was just curious what your were doing to take 20 whole hours on paint correction on a new car, that's all. now that you say it's not actually 20 hours, I'm not curious anymore...

It's the smiley that means I'm sitting here watching drama go down since he, out of nowhere, stuck his offering of services in the middle of your thread showing off a detail...
I did use Menzerna and LC pads w/ a Makita. I did the roof and the trunk, which ended up taking me about 4 hours. The rest of the car I left alone after telling the client what the scope was. Didn't mean to be a jerk by not sharing my technique, but this Aston paint was something that threw everyone around me off and they all had their own technique which didn't give me the results I was after. So I spent 4 days talking to Menzerna, Lake Country, other detailers, etc. I finally cracked the technique doing it my own way. It's not easy and it takes many stages; but the results are amazing. What lies beneath the imperfection is pure english paint perfection. I'm happy to share the technque with you in private: Please PM if interested.

Moe

Old 04-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Vindication is on a distinguished road
Smile

Looks like you spent a intense amount of time on this detail. The work is absolutely flawless.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Vindication
Looks like you spent a intense amount of time on this detail. The work is absolutely flawless.
Your Z06 will be going through a similar treatment in the next few weeks

Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Vindication is on a distinguished road
Your Z06 will be going through a similar treatment in the next few weeks
Very excited!