Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Gloss-it - Signature Gloss - Durabilty test- Black Cayman S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Banned
Gloss-it is on a distinguished road
Gloss-it - Signature Gloss - Durabilty test- Black Cayman S

Brad Zucroff Porsche enthusiast and Cayman Club Super Moderator brought his 2007 Cayman S in to the Gloss-it Corp detail facility about a month ago for preparation for the Annual Porsche Parade. Brad had requested about the gloss-it paint correction products and wanted a quote on repairing his cars many paint imperfections ( swirl-marks, holograms, & car wash scratches)

We had performed 85% paint correction with Signature Gloss due to time cons traits. Brad explained that he had been making the long distance trip to the Porsche parade for the past 10 years and always made sure he detailed the car with a quality polish or
carnauba wax. He explained to me that the wax or polish he had applied in the past would not give him the durability he wanted, and would never lasted longer then a few hundred miles into his long drive.

I explained to him that we had just released our Signature gloss and that I was very confident the Gloss would hold up cross country and back!

Brad was very excited and willing to write a story on the Cayman Club board about his journey and how the gloss-it products held up! To his surprise the Signature gloss exceeded his expectations.

Hey everyone - now that I've been home for a bit from the cross-country round trip to Charlotte for the Porsche Parade, I wanted to give y'all an update on this thread, and how the Gloss-it treatment held up for the trip.

I can tell you this - it is some amazing stuff...

As we crossed the country, we really didn't get into a substantial bug rain until we got into Oklahoma, and as we made our way through the night after spending a good portion of the day in Amarillo changing the fuel pump on Terry's 1968 911L Targa, the big bugs seemed to come out at night... the following day was OK City to Sikeston, MO. then the day after that Sikeston to Knoxville, TN, then onto Charlotte.

We stopped at a rest stop about 50 miles from Charlotte, and I took some pictures of the front of the CS - that morning, we had gone through some light rain as we crossed over the Smokey Mountains from Knoxville, to Ashville, NC, so it was a mess:

When we got to Charlotte, the usual Parade car wash was not available due to water restrictions, so PCA arranged for us to take our cars to a detail shop about 5 blocks away.

First, the power wash...

I took this picture as the attendant was spraying on the wheel cleaner - take a look at the tiny beads this Gloss-it stuff produces... also note how clean the car is already, with just the pressure wash - most of the bugs are gone from the front of the car...

The final result...

Brad

The car was as clean as the day I left Las Vegas, with a shine and gloss that was amazing. Many of the folks who where at the detail shop washing their own cars in preparation for the Concours, remarked at how great a black car looked after a cross country trip, with just a hand wash.

More...

Brad Zucroff
PCA DE Instructor & Cayman club Super Moderator

Last edited by Gloss-it; 07-22-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Banned
Gloss-it is on a distinguished road
Continuing on...

On the way back, I left Charlotte and my first stop was Memphis... I left the next morning, and about halfway between Memphis and Little Rock on I-40, I encountered some ridiculously bad weather...

You can see it in the distance with some nasty lightening.

The car got a great bath while I drove through the storm at about 35 mph... I could barely see, even with the wipers going full-blast.

Three days later, after stopping to see friends in Ft. Worth, I stopped in to see the Cayman Club's very own Santa Fe, in Santa Fe, NM... we had a great dinner at The Compound (I highly recommend) ... the next morning, SF took me on a great drive - "the long way from Santa Fe to Albuquerque" as he calls it... we went up through the mountains, past the Los Alamos Labs, and ended up stopping for a bit in the little town of Jemez Springs... but the car still has a great shine/gloss to it.

So, even with the only "washing" the car had being a thunderstorm between Memphis and Santa Fe, the car still looked great... the wheels are plainly filthy, but the car still had a great shine to it, as you can see.

I would highly recommend Gloss-it as an excellent finish coat and protectant.

Brad Zucroff
PCA DE Instructor & Cayman club Super Moderator

Last edited by Gloss-it; 07-22-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
EMart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gloss-it
He explained to me that the wax or polish applied never lasted longer then a few hundred miles into the drive.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
cycloobsessed is on a distinguished road
damn..its nice to see a post about Gloss-It durability..i know the Gloss-It products make the car look good, but I was unsure really on durability. This just goes to show its not only a great product but it actually has great durability, even against cross country driving.