Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Getting poo results with Metro Master Blaster Industrial Dryer & Blower System (8 HP)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 07:02 AM
gellie can only hope to improve
Getting poo results with Metro Master Blaster Industrial Dryer & Blower System (8 HP)

I've used it twice. Both times serious water spots. Once used with Optimum No Rinse using the 2 bucket system. Once with CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo with a foam gun. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Starting on top, working my way down. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Old 07-31-2018, 05:16 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Are you using it outside? Direct sun? It sounds like more of a water hardness issue to me than the Master Blaster. Post up some pics!

Old 07-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Outside in the shade. Definitely have hard water but, I thought drying it so quickly would eliminate those spots? I already quick detailed it so the spots are off. Will post pics after next wash.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:46 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
OK, keep us posted!

Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gellie
Outside in the shade. Definitely have hard water but, I thought drying it so quickly would eliminate those spots? I already quick detailed it so the spots are off. Will post pics after next wash.
Due to the extreme heat this summer I get small water spots on my black Aston and RR before I can get it dry.

1. I think some water is drying BEFORE you even start with the blower. In that case nothing you can do.
2. I try to wash wheels first. Then only wet each section of the vehicle, ie....front, then middle, then rear as best as i can, consistently putting new water on the just washed panels so nothing has time to dry. I also wash in my garage.

When done, I typically start blowing.....
1. Drivers mirror, then drivers A pillar and the window roofline seam. Then quickly blow off the roof to the other side.
2. Take hose and water down hood, passenger side, rear, and door on DS
3. Then get windows on DS dry, run around and get roofline of PS and those windows and mirror.
4. Then again repeat as much of #2 as I can
5. Then quickly dry DS doors pushing water down and rear quarter, window, and truck lid.
6. Quickly push the water off the front window, and get the front quarter, hood, PS front quarter and work my way around to the back.
7. I get bumpers, lower sections and wheels last.

This usually works well for my Aston, but the RR can suffer from a few spots. You could quickly do areas knowing some will dry, and just leave a panel or so to hit with a damp towel. I use Distilled water to dampen a drying towel and will use AMMO Hydrate to lubricate it to wipe those spots off. If it weren't a black car, I would never notice them.

Hope that helps till cooler temps come around, then this issue should resolve itself. I use the 8hp blower with 30ft hose, so a bit more power than yours, so can move water quicker.

Also, The Aston has AMMO coating Reflex, Skin, and Creme on it and the RR has 22ple Mystico Elemento Forte glass coating. So water does fly off. If using other sealants or some coatings, sometimes the water sticks a bit in small droplets and that makes it a bit harder.

PM me if any questions.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Great advice. Thanks so much. Will try next time and report back.

Old 09-11-2018, 04:11 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
If you are using ONR, you shouldn't be using a master blaster. You need to use a good micro-fiber (or a few) to dry. With ONR, since there isn't a significant rinse after, your toweling is what absorbs the ONR/dirt complex. If you don't towel some of this will dry on your car. You should also only clean one panel, then dry, then move on to the next. If the ONR has a chance to dry you will definitely get residue/spotting. Also, if using ONR another option would be to buy a couple gallons of distilled water (<$1/gallon at Wally world and other retailers) and use that rather than your current water source. ONR has some water conditioning ability but it isn't going to soften tremendously.

For a traditional wash, I don't know what to tell you other than your soap or rinse water solution is drying on the car before you get to it. So get quicker . Actually, more likely you may have some embedded water spots that will require a mild polish to get out of the paint. They will reappear/become apparent after every wash if they aren't removed. Quick detailer may help hide them but the mild etching is still there.