Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Italian > Ferrari
Reload this Page >

The Nicest Wheels Ever for a Black F430 Coupe...The Final Decision... HRE & Iforged

Notices
Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458
View Poll Results: What si the Nicest Wheel with a Gloss Black Center and Polished Lip
Iforged Revs
22.22%
Iforged Drifts
9.72%
HRE 790R
26.39%
HRE 840
41.67%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

The Nicest Wheels Ever for a Black F430 Coupe...The Final Decision... HRE & Iforged

Old 01-19-2008, 01:54 AM
farris has a spectacular aura aboutfarris has a spectacular aura about

Ok Guys after a thread here and on Ferrari Chat I have narrowed my decision down to 4 Wheels. All of the options will have a gloss black center with a high polish lip.

The options are:

- Iforged Revs
- Iforged Drifts
- HRE 790
- HRE 840

Images will follow

Your opinions are much appreciated .

Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Iforged Revs

Option 1

Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Iforged Drifts

Option 2

Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Hre 790

Option 3

Attached Images    
Old 01-19-2008, 02:06 AM
Hre 840r

Option 4

Note: This wheel can only have 1.5 inch lip in front and 3 in back

The last image is a photoshop

Attached Images     
Old 01-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Rims I Do Not Like!

Although I like the look of the 840R and 790 wheels are among my favorites, I have seen some pics which make the spokes look too thin. I believe these pics might be of a different HRE wheel (the 890 or 590 wheel), but I am not sure. It may just be that once the wheels are finsihed in gloss black the spokes appear smaller

These are images of the look that I do not like.

Attached Images   
Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have the CCM brakes? If so, get the rivetless 890, if not get the first iforged's.

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 01-19-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:10 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
HRE 890R...
Or (not on list) Neez QD7

Old 01-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic View Post
Do you have the CCM brakes? If so, get the rivetless 890, if not get the first iforged's.
I do not have the CCMs, but I am painting the calipers yellow.

Aren't the 890s the wheels in the pics of the red and black spiders? If so, I do not like how they look when they are painted black. The spokes appear too thin and blend too much.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:50 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Even though I voted for the I forged revs the Neez QD7's are worth a look..but it looks to me you want a nice deep lip rim..In the end go with the wheel that suits you best..btw nice car

Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by farris View Post
I do not have the CCMs, but I am painting the calipers yellow.

Aren't the 890s the wheels in the pics of the red and black spiders? If so, I do not like how they look when they are painted black. The spokes appear too thin and blend too much.
The ones I posted don't have rivets...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by farris View Post
Option 4

Note: This wheel can only have 1.5 inch lip in front and 3 in back

The last image is a photoshop

game over.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA View Post

game over.
Rivetless is so clean.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:39 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I second porschefanatics suggestion.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
I like the Revs but doesn't HRE make one in the same design. I would get it over iForged. I also prefer rivetless. It's so clean. I have rivetless multipiece wheels on my car and it's so much classier imo.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Nicest Wheels Ever for a Black F430 Coupe...The Final Decision... HRE & Iforged

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.