Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari Wallpaper Murals

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Ferrari Wallpaper Murals

I came across these wallpapaer murals that are incredible. Very realistic and life-like.

Take a look at how well done they are. I am after one for myself.

http://www.gtmurals.com/en/theme/murals.aspx

Old 08-22-2008, 05:36 PM
4RECAT will become famous soon enough4RECAT will become famous soon enough
Which one? The red car with Teddy Bears in it? J/K

Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
news 4 u is on a distinguished road
wow, very nice

i like the "GT 599 GTB Smokeshow" one best

Old 08-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
I am going to be building a garage facility that looks like what Richard Griot has but single story only.

In the library/office area I am going to have one of these put up and all m y automotive artwork will go in there as well.

These are the most realistic automotive wallpaper murals I have seen!

Oh and 4REcat I like the teddy bears but they don't work for me!! Those are for BoxsterGirlie01!!

Last edited by Gcalo; 08-22-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I am going to be building a garage facility that looks like what Richard Griot has but single story only.

In the library/office area I am going to have one of these put up and all m y automotive artwork will go in there as well.

These are the most realistic automotive wallpaper murals I have seen!

Oh and 4REcat I like the teddy bears but they don't work for me!! Those are for BoxsterGirlie01!!
You have your own artwork? Pics please!

(I also do my own stuff, like graphite and oil pastel work)

Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by news 4 u
You have your own artwork? Pics please!

(I also do my own stuff, like graphite and oil pastel work)
it would take a while to photo it all.

I have a bit of original work by Danny Day with Phil Hill, John Surtees, Dan Gurney, and Carroll Shelby, and they are all signed. They are beautiful pieces.

I also have quite a few pencil drawings by Danny with above same persons and signed by them.

I was very fortunate in July of 2004 to be invited to a special function at a gallery in La Jolla due to the amount of art work I had purchased. As a result I spent the day with the above renouned persons and we then had a private dinner together that evening. It was a wonderful affair, and there were 12 persons total.

Phil Hill's Parkinsons was just beginning then so he was great all day and that evening. The wives were there as well.

Phil is not doing so well now and does not sign any more artwork. He was here in Danville last October for a car function that raises $ for Parkinsons Disease, but he was in a wheel chair unfortunately.

So, what I have is at this point quite unusual.

I'll try to get some photos when possible.

I also have a very unusual piece that I put together a few years ago to commemorate Concorso's 20th year. I have all original tickets-entrance, parking, lunch, etc and it is beautifully framed with the Concorso booklet cover for that year.

I have also a special framing of the 599 intro 2 years ago at Pebble with original drawings, etc..

I will try to photo as much as is possible when I have a chance.

This is why I want a big area where I can put one of the murals I mentioned together with the artwork and a few other related automotive items.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
it would take a while to photo it all.

I have a bit of original work by Danny Day with Phil Hill, John Surtees, Dan Gurney, and Carroll Shelby, and they are all signed. They are beautiful pieces.

I also have quite a few pencil drawings by Danny with above same persons and signed by them.

I was very fortunate in July of 2004 to be invited to a special function at a gallery in La Jolla due to the amount of art work I had purchased. As a result I spent the day with the above renouned persons and we then had a private dinner together that evening. It was a wonderful affair, and there were 12 persons total.

Phil Hill's Parkinsons was just beginning then so he was great all day and that evening. The wives were there as well.

Phil is not doing so well now and does not sign any more artwork. He was here in Danville last October for a car function that raises $ for Parkinsons Disease, but he was in a wheel chair unfortunately.

So, what I have is at this point quite unusual.

I'll try to get some photos when possible.

I also have a very unusual piece that I put together a few years ago to commemorate Concorso's 20th year. I have all original tickets-entrance, parking, lunch, etc and it is beautifully framed with the Concorso booklet cover for that year.

I have also a special framing of the 599 intro 2 years ago at Pebble with original drawings, etc..

I will try to photo as much as is possible when I have a chance.

This is why I want a big area where I can put one of the murals I mentioned together with the artwork and a few other related automotive items.
Wow, with all of the artwork and other items you mentioned it sounds like a mini-museum should be underway Good luck with it!

Phil Hill, huh? I admire a lot of his work. I have an autographed print of the profile of Ayrton Senna he drew, but it is temporarily hidden in my bedroom closet (just moved). Aside from European cars, art is one of my main interests and I plan on collecting automotive artwork as you are.

Jim Surtees... Is that the same as John Surtees, the F1 driver for Ferrari in the 1960's? If it is, that's crazy! I wish I could have been there.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by news 4 u
---Jim Surtees... Is that the same as John Surtees, the F1 driver for Ferrari in the 1960's? If it is, that's crazy! I wish I could have been there.
I said John Surtees not Jim.

Yes he's the one and a great person with whom to talk!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Whoops, my friend is over and he is talking about my next-door neighbor, Jim, who has thrown loud parties until 3-4 AM for the last 3 days and it looks like he's at it again tonight. HOA won't do anything about it since he's "donating" stuff to the neighborhood.

Anyway, keep us posted!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:19 AM
ferrari6 is on a distinguished road
I found a cool page that shows a whole bunch of Ferrari murals and pictures of what they look like in the room. I definitely recommend checking it out. Which one to choose?
http://www.ferrarimural.com/

Old 10-27-2008, 03:06 AM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
Wow! That was coot..Thanks for the links mate...

Old 10-27-2008, 12:20 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
I came across these wallpapaer murals that are incredible. Very realistic and life-like.

Take a look at how well done they are. I am after one for myself.

http://www.gtmurals.com/en/theme/murals.aspx

dude,

you had to show me this, didn't you. i think the price is so reasonable as well.

thanks!

Old 10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
dude,

you had to show me this, didn't you. i think the price is so reasonable as well.

thanks!
I know I know.

Just think. These have encouraged me to design a whole new garage, workshop, and office addition combined!

I'll finally have a place for all my automotive artwork, cars, office functions, and work shop!

All due to these murals!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:51 PM
4RECAT will become famous soon enough4RECAT will become famous soon enough
I used these graphics in my garage:

www.garagewallwraps.com

Old 10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
wow, i really love the ferrari dash one.......lol, its perfect behind the bed, that way instead of fantasizing about other women during sex, i can think about ferraris instead !!!
haha