Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Just added an F40 to the garage - a few pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 PM
peloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud of
Just added an F40 to the garage - a few pics

Here you go:

Attached Images      
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 PM
nizmohouston is on a distinguished road
If this is out of line then I apologize.....But can I sex your car up nice and good?

Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM
peloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud ofpeloton has much to be proud of
posting limit is 5 pics, so here are a few more:

Attached Images      
Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Congrats Peloton! She's gorgeous! I can't wait to hear your driving impressions and hopefully a comparison between the F40 and the CGT!

Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Nice house.

I've only seen an F40 once in my life. The sound was like God

Old 10-03-2008, 06:57 AM
CliffClavin is on a distinguished road
Truly an amazing automobile. Thanks for sharing the photos. I would be interested in hearing your initial driving impressions as well.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by CliffClavin
Truly an amazing automobile. Thanks for sharing the photos. I would be interested in hearing your initial driving impressions as well.
Initial driving impressions:
OK, you're behind the wheel of a car where most dyno pulls on USA versions shows 515+ hp, 450 torque. Car weighs in the 2600-2800 pound area. Clutch pedal very stiff, cable-operated throttle a bit sticky at initial foot pressure. No power steering, no power brakes, no traction control, no abs, no airbags, no nothing (except a/c).

Fire it up - race car basso rumble with high pitch overtones. Classic Ferrari v-8 flat crank sound - like two angry in-line fours hooked in parallel, which is basically what the crank layout creates.

Start a gentle cruise around the local back roads - immediate striking impression is incredible steering feel - unboosted with low weight on the front wheels, steering wheel feels alive - very direct like a Lotus Elise, wheel dances in your hands on road irregularities. Typical Ferrari smooth ride, no jiggling despite stiff suspension - load up the tires into corners and the steering firms up nicely - you know exactly what is happening with all four contact patches - very nice. Takes high cornering loads very predictably on brakes and neutral throttle. Too scared to get into boost when not pointed straight ahead.

Ok, first good straightaway, 2nd gear, nail it. Boost hits around 4k rpm against a 7,800 redline. Rear tires spin then hook up at 60 mph - very scary the first time or two. On high throttle and on boost, car will go whichever way the rear wheels are pointed - only thing keeping you in a straight line is the LSD. Grab 3rd, hit boost, redline again at 120 mph+.

Brakes are average - allow room to slow down!

Overall, the performance, handling, steering, sound, smell (and look) of this thing is an incredible package considering it is 1980's technology. Can't wait for first track days in the coming month. Will try to keep it away from the walls...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:29 AM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous car....I would never sell it! How many past owners?

Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM
JasonE30M3 is on a distinguished road
My favorite car ever. Congrats.

Great write up too.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
My absolute favorite car of all time! Thanks for sharing the pics and the impressions, be safe with her!
Peter

Old 10-03-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by JT3
Gorgeous car....I would never sell it! How many past owners?
Two prior owners. Original owner kept it in a climate-controlled garage in Missouri for 15 years - car had 200 miles on it when sold to the next owner in 2005. Second owner put 1,800 miles on it in 3+ years. Had 2,057 miles on it when I got it last Friday, I've added another 10% to the mileage total in the first couple of days - these things need to be driven.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Dick Fidd is on a distinguished road
Sweet. I had a friend with one back in the day - he bought a salvage and destroyed it within 6 months. He was a bodyshop owner and a complete maniac. One of the scariest rides ever with him - weaving in the emergency lane on I95 in NY going full bore about 100MPH faster than everyone else in heavy traffic. Guy is actually still alive and still into toys. He now has a 200MPH turbine powered full-canopy speedboat.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:07 AM
CliffClavin is on a distinguished road
Great write up. A rare beauty indeed. Good to hear you are not storing as a museum piece and will be enjoying it as designed.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by peloton
Overall, the performance, handling, steering, sound, smell (and look) of this thing is an incredible package considering it is 1980's technology. Can't wait for first track days in the coming month. Will try to keep it away from the walls...
congrats! that is awesome. hope to see it out there. TH on 10/17 if you can.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just added an F40 to the garage - a few pics