Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

SPOTTED ON THE ROAD!!! FERRARI California!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
I'm getting excited for this, I really think they look very nice.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Saw and Drove one for the first time today. I've always been one that thought it looked good. Ordered one for my garage and stable addition a month ago or so.

So I have nothing bad at all to say about the looks. The outside definately is not Aggressive like a 430. It's lines are true GT. Of which I don't own one.

I still think its a 550 Barcheta meets 599 in a bar and this is what pops out.

The interior is classic and so smooth you can't believe it. All intruments are easily used. The ergonomics of the car are better then any of my other Ferrari's by a long shot.....Not even close.

All Ferrari people don't judge until you drive it. This car is effortless speed. Actually I think this car will be the car that gets the most Ferrari owners tickets. It's seconds to 100mph and When you are there with the top down you don't have a clue.

The 7 speed transmission is awesome and smooth. It doesn't hit like the 430's or older 575's and 550's or 355's. I didn't drive it in Auto mode but I'm told you don't feel the shifts in that mode. I can definately believe that. You barely feel the shifts as it shifts through the gears. The blip of the throttle is all you hear and it's a very good tone.

The only thing that will take getting used to is the turn in. It's larger nose and front engine turns in very quickly. It has a slight body roll that will really take a handful of harder turns to get used to. I'm sure this has all to do with soft Magnaride suspension coupled with the heavier front engine car that I haven't had for years since my 575.

It's true Ferrari all the way. It's bold statement when you hammer it answers that. It's subtle shape and class will make it easier to drive around town without constant pictures like my other cars. That possibly could be my favorite part about this car.

I could easily see this being a 20k mile a year DD with comfort and style to match.
Two thumbs up from a very picky car guy imho..

Old 05-13-2009, 03:05 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
I could easily see this being a 20k mile a year DD with comfort and style to match.
Two thumbs up from a very picky car guy imho..
I can't tell if it would be more ironic if Californias were used as DDs, or if they weren't. It's certainly being marketed as being capable of such, but the purchase price is still in in Ferrari territory. And how many Ferrari owners drive their cars 20k/yr? Even if it brought new owners into the tent, I think they'd still be conscious that it's a Ferrari.

If that were to happen, between that and the production numbers, what will these be selling for in 4-5 years?

Oh, and as a former S2000 owner, I have to say, I don't see the resemblance. Can you guys see the pic I uploaded? I think Picasaweb is more meddlesome than I originally anticipated..

Old 05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by justinmm2
I can't tell if it would be more ironic if Californias were used as DDs, or if they weren't. It's certainly being marketed as being capable of such, but the purchase price is still in in Ferrari territory. And how many Ferrari owners drive their cars 20k/yr? Even if it brought new owners into the tent, I think they'd still be conscious that it's a Ferrari.

If that were to happen, between that and the production numbers, what will these be selling for in 4-5 years?

Oh, and as a former S2000 owner, I have to say, I don't see the resemblance. Can you guys see the pic I uploaded? I think Picasaweb is more meddlesome than I originally anticipated..
I don't know the the true production numbers. Don't care on this car actually. There are a lot of Ferrari's with more miles then you think. Those are the guys that drive them. The cars you see for sale are guys that are too worried about resale. They'd rather stare at the car in their garage then see what it feels like at 150mph. That's a lot of truly sad cases. 430's with 15k to 25k plus a year put on them. They aren't for sale because these guys drive them. Most likely change hands amongst friends.

I think they will depreciate like all Ferrari's. Of course the lower mileage cars will be get a little more money but in the end those are people that have truly missed out on the real driving experience.

Here's a quick phone pic from todays test drive Mine will be black as well

Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Mark, black color looks very good on a California, did you order the same wheel ? Congrats again for your order on the new California !

Old 05-13-2009, 04:42 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Ah, don't worry - I have plenty of respect for Ferrari owners who want to rack up as many miles as they can! I just never saw it being a huge proportion of them. Rumor has it there is a guy in DC who drives his F40 daily I suppose it is possible resale could resemble that of other Ferraris - low on high mileage examples, but relatively high on lower mileage ones. It was interesting to think of the comparison between 993TT and 996TT depreciation curves, given the increased volume for the 996.

Car looks great in black, especially with those wheels! Enjoy it in good health, when they day comes!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:51 PM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
hmmmm.....
I guess it`s a boulevard cruiser Ferrari which is

a) easy to drive and may be used just like an SL

b) a true Ferrari when it comes to the engine and the Interior

c) not as agressive,hard and unforgiving

so if it was a lot less expensive,I could see a great market for that.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
hmmmm.....
I guess it`s a boulevard cruiser Ferrari which is

a) easy to drive and may be used just like an SL

b) a true Ferrari when it comes to the engine and the Interior

c) not as agressive,hard and unforgiving

so if it was a lot less expensive,I could see a great market for that.
The SL65's get close to $200k I believe. They just aren't near the car. The new Black Series SL has a better stance and looks but doesn't have the performance and it's $300k so it's more expensive.

The market on this car will be to compete with Bentley GTC's and Aston's and the top SL cars. I think it's got a great chance. But as always with Ferrari they won't make that many so it will be harder to get then the rest.

Our dealer is sold out. So Ferrari's low yearly car numbers help this a bit.

William I got those wheels but will most likely change the color to black.

Old 05-14-2009, 04:56 AM
crxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura aboutcrxwv has a spectacular aura about
y did you take pictures of me and my car? JK..... it's beautiful...

Old 05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
thnxbabe has a spectacular aura aboutthnxbabe has a spectacular aura about
I saw the car in red. I like it better in black. Beautiful with those wheels.

Congrats on the new addition to your stable.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:18 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
The SL65's get close to $200k I believe. They just aren't near the car. The new Black Series SL has a better stance and looks but doesn't have the performance and it's $300k so it's more expensive.

The market on this car will be to compete with Bentley GTC's and Aston's and the top SL cars. I think it's got a great chance. But as always with Ferrari they won't make that many so it will be harder to get then the rest.

Our dealer is sold out. So Ferrari's low yearly car numbers help this a bit.

William I got those wheels but will most likely change the color to black.
sold out?
Yikes!

that`s a statement..
especially in this economy.

those wheels are very nice...I guess the Cali is just something new and I`ll get used to it pretty fast.
I bet it looks stunning in cream? white...I saw some pics

Attached Images    
Old 05-15-2009, 10:49 AM
AquaGT2 is on a distinguished road
Saw one in Azzuro California down in Cannes (France) last week; looked much better in person and the Azzuro is a perfect colour down there, you get the enough amount of attention + it also look better without the shields.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by AquaGT2
Saw one in Azzuro California down in Cannes (France) last week; looked much better in person and the Azzuro is a perfect colour down there, you get the enough amount of attention + it also look better without the shields.
hmm...you obviously like blue cars

well,the blue might fit the Cali quite good,since the car is an attention ***** anyway

Old 05-16-2009, 06:48 AM
bigcrick1111 is on a distinguished road
i spotted one in my home town in louisiana i busted a u turn to go make sure it was the real deal there awesome in person

Old 05-16-2009, 08:44 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Maybe it's just the pic but it looks awful here...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED ON THE ROAD!!! FERRARI California!!!