Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Rsal346 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JetJockey
A "USED" 997TT I mean.

I make ~175k a year....Hourly worker...my neighbor, who is a chiropractor/MRI clinic investor, seems amazed that i can live on "so little" money. I have the smallest house in my neighborhood.

I define regular working as a guy who receives a paycheck every two weeks that Uncle Sam takes half of, has a mortgage and a few kids who are in every activity under the sun, and lives basically paycheck to paycheck with a few investments thrown in....

Side note ---> I walked in from this chiropractor's 185k pool and he showed me a credit card bill his ridiculously hot "trophy wife" had racked up that he pays off each month and it was $8900.00!!!! This is the guy who I would see owning a Ferrari, not me...

In your position I would buy a early 360. Than go urinate in this guys 185K pool and dump the clutch in his driveway.

If he returned the trophy wife he can probaly live on a lot less than you make

I don't think people realize that only 10% of the worlds population makes more than 9k a year. If you make more than 40k you are in the top 1%. This is a fact. Makes your 175k look even better now.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
anybody can get anything, IMO, if you cant afford to fully buy it right then and there then you have no business in it.

Exactly, we all have a different value of our own. My priority was to buy a house first rather than a dream car.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Ginza Man will become famous soon enough
I really enjoyed reading this post!

It makes me want to buy f-car even more. I feel that you live only once and you work so hard to pay for this and that.....but even if comes to what makes me happy. I have 05 Boxster S and probably drive different types Porsches until day I die since I like driving super fast.... But whenever I see Ferrari....my heart sinks. Just seeing a piece of art makes me want to go out and buy one for me.

After reading this post, makes me realize it's not too bad of an idea to buy a F-car or G-car for that matter. I like 360 Stradale or 3 year old Gallardo or F430. May be in 1-2 years.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:18 PM
nsxsupra is on a distinguished road
I think it is not that big deal of owning a 360, anyone who is in market for a 997 or M3, M5s should be able to get one in that price range or less.

I use my 6spd 360 as daily driver, it has been perhaps the most reliable car I have ever owned. I have owned MKIV Supra, SCed NSX, M3, several Lexus, Mercedes cars, several Hondas. There is no point of using it as weekend car as cars are meant to be driven and we only live once.

The shop (Ferrari service of Costa Mesa) that performs regular maintenance my my 360 said that they have serviced a ton of 360s. They said it is a very reliable car if it is 6spd model. The F1 model is much higher maintenance (shorter clutch life, potential F1 pump failure, etc)

Check out this article of a 360 owner that put on 40k miles a year.

Attached Images    

Last edited by nsxsupra; 08-13-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:50 PM
GeoffM is on a distinguished road
apparently we're all in pretty good company. I was leaning the Gallardo path as well, F=car maintenance is not nearly as enjoyable....

Trying to cash the GT3 in now....

Old 08-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Ginza Man will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GeoffM
apparently we're all in pretty good company. I was leaning the Gallardo path as well, F=car maintenance is not nearly as enjoyable....

Trying to cash the GT3 in now....
Hey you live in ATL too. I am at Suwanee. I haven't seen any GT3 in ATL. Are there any type of Exotic meet in Roswell? Yeah...I was debating on these cars also. I am not ready to get a exotic this year but always looking at Ebay to see what the mkt value actually is. G-Car is def a less problem car when it comes to exotic. But then F-Car can't be beat when it comes to audacity. My love goes out to Ferrari. See you around!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:57 PM
JetJockey will become famous soon enoughJetJockey will become famous soon enough
@RSAL346
Awesome response brother.....I laughed everytime I read it. I think your right!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM
SeaNile is on a distinguished road
My 2000 Ferrari 360 red/tan 6sp manual with 94xx miles is for sale. seanile31@mac.com for details.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
JetJockey will become famous soon enoughJetJockey will become famous soon enough
Wow, already? Didnt you just pick it up in March? Why are you selling?

Old 08-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Mikeluvm3 is on a distinguished road
Curious

So im a young entrepreneur and i would love to have an exotic car when im older. And i was just wondering Auctung, how did you make your money, what kind of company do you own? Also Ryan Woo what company do you own? And what does SW do? Im srry if it sounds like im being noisy im just curious cause i would love to have one of these cars one day to. Thanks alot!

Old 08-21-2010, 07:10 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
From what I've read, you should look into the spider-monkey **** business.

j/k

Old 08-29-2010, 04:00 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by huskylawyer
The biggest trick the devil played on humanity was convincing the world that lawyers make a ton of money. I'm still waiting lol...

My motto is as long as you can pay the mortgage, maintain a great credit score, and save a little, live life to the fullest and spend your money on things that make you happy (whether that be cars, charities, travel, whatever).

X2. most lawyers work thier *** off for many, many hours per week, and do not make a great deal of money. but, one thing that i have noticed is that due to stress of the job, many lawyers have hobbies that allow them to escape reality. some drink, some golf, others have cars. most cant afford any of those hobbies, but do them anyway.
im far from some rich snob. i do not come from $. In high school i secretly lived in my car bc i had nowhere to live. I put myself through college and law school. i would hate for someone to see me in my car and just think that i have had some life of luxury. just like you dont want people to stereotype you, you shouldnt do the same thing to "bankers and lawyers."

Last edited by fastlaw; 08-30-2010 at 07:37 AM. Reason: spelling!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:13 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
From what I've read, you should look into the spider-monkey **** business.

j/k

+1. you beat me to it.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fastlaw
X2. most lawyers work thier *** off for many, many hours per week, and do not make a great deal of money. but, one thing that i have noticed is that due to stress of the job, many lawyers have hobbies that allow them to escape reality. some drink, some golf, others have cars. most cant afford any of those hobbies, but do them anyway.
im far from some rich snob. i do not come from $. In high school i secretly lived in my car bc i had nowhere to live. I put myself through college and law school. i would hate for someone to see me in my car and just think that i have had some life of luxary. just like you dont want people to sterotype you, you shouldnt do the same thing to "bankers and lawyers."
I agree with this. I'm a recent law grad, and even from my limited expeirence the perception is that lawyers make much more money than they really do. Sure, those in NY and big cities can make some serious cash, but they are working 80 hours a week, every week, in a high stress job. I still don't think they are fairly compensated. That's one of the many reasons I've decided not to practice law. I respect those who can do it, but its not for me.

Anyway, I was driving around today in my 996tt and pulled alongside a yellow F430. It was beautiful, and yes, I was envious even though I'm thrilled with the 996tt. I'm still saving my pennies, and perhaps one day, but after getting the 996tt with some mods recently, I think my next $100k+ purchase better be on a house, rather than a car, but we'll let housing prices drop some more first...

Last edited by MikeR397; 08-29-2010 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM
AJ_AZ is on a distinguished road
what are you guys paying of recent? I see all the asking prices, but what about purchase prices?

thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360