6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari-40/)
-   -   any "regular working guys" own a 360 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari/183218-any-regular-working-guys-own-360-a.html)

mkzhang 09-21-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Auctung (Post 2549292)
no offence taken

I grew up on welfare and food stamps because my dad didnt feal the need to get a job for 22 years. He finally got a part time job 2 years ago, so I take no pitty on him. Hes where he is because of his laziness and is on his own as far as Im concerned. I got no real help at all, and Im damn glad I didnt. I cant stand seeing kids on here going to 30k+ a year colleges and mommy and daddy are buying them new Bimmers. I did pay rent, which also covered food and was essentually my dads *****/slave where any free time I had he found busy work for me to do while he slept on the couch.

you would be surprised how much you can save when you are a miser and work all the time :D

Man forreal? You must be one cheap SOB to save up that much to get a Lambo by 22 hilarious Say I make 120k a year, not even paying taxes or have zero expense that's 3 years before I can get one... you must be still paid pretty well :p

ZZinger 09-21-2009 05:56 PM

I call bull****hilarious

Auctung 09-21-2009 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by ZZinger (Post 2549420)
I call bull****hilarious

:rolleyes:
well then join the ranks of ferrarichat and allan lambo
hilarious

AussieRS 09-22-2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by frog_a_lot (Post 2548446)
Dont take this the wrong way, but if you can afford a Lambo at age 22, you aren't really a "regular working guy"

Feel free to prove me wrong and no offence ment but.. for you to afford that you would have either worked very hard since you left school or you have had help. Now you said you where still living at home, so i take it you probably aren't paying for food or rent etc and you parents are fairly well off, which probably means you had a little help with it, maybe not directly for the lambo but for everything else so you could save up for the lambo.

As i said not being an ass but i dont think anyone who can afford those sorts of cars under 25 or 30 can be classified as a 'regular working guy'

Buying a nice car in Australia is a lot different then buying a nice car in the states. I think the current exchange rate is like .8, so even while assuming that, you're still looking at paying 2-4X the price for ANYTHING. I was going to drop 100KAUD on an Audi 2009 A4 with options, but bought the same car here for ~$40, 335i's and A5's are over $100KUSD. The price difference was pretty shocking. I still can't imagine paying 150-200K US for an E92 M3 in Australia when the dollar is a little less strong.

I still don't think that justifies having a lambo at 22 though either. It does bug me a bit when I see people with ****ty small houses and an AMG or 911 in the driveway. Sign me up for the food stamps then I guess...

Auctung 09-22-2009 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by AussieRS (Post 2550775)
I still don't think that justifies having a lambo at 22 though either. It does bug me a bit when I see people with ****ty small houses and an AMG or 911 in the driveway. Sign me up for the food stamps then I guess...

you see that comes down to priorities. To me, as I stated before, a home is just a place to eat, sleep, and poop. I was fine living at home in a 12x 13 room and I loved my 1k sq ft apt and would move back in a second if I could. Ild even take a house 1/4 the size of mine, but the home I got is about the smallest/cheapest I could get to accomidate my parking and garage spaces needs unfortunatly :(

Ive notice ALOT with the Ferrari and Porsche guys that a car is little more than a lifestlye acessory, and they look down on those whos lifestyle doesnt meet their notion on what a F or P car owner should have.

Now the Porshce owners that drive the **** out of their cars and a decent amount of Lambo owners see the cars as their passion and it takes priortity over showing off to impress others like most F and P car guys.

I think you see the car as something to show off as sign of yoru sucess at a fancy club, restaurant, or coffee shop. I see the car as my passion, and have little concern to making it a fashion acessory to a pompous liefstyle.

but thats just me

Hiro 09-22-2009 08:05 PM

If you are single and no one to be responsible for, then do what makes you happy in you life. Different people have different goals in life, some take approaches that are more extreme while others find a balance in between. Priorities also change as career/life changes/evolves, so what is important to you today might not be so important to you tomorrow or a year from now. One thing that I've learned is to try and look at the bigger picture. When you do that, sometimes you might see a different perspective.

Auctung 09-22-2009 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hiro (Post 2551143)
If you are single and no one to be responsible for, then do what makes you happy in you life. Different people have different goals in life, some take approaches that are more extreme while others find a balance in between. Priorities also change as career/life changes/evolves, so what is important to you today might not be so important to you tomorrow or a year from now. One thing that I've learned is to try and look at the bigger picture. When you do that, sometimes you might see a different perspective.

I completely agree. AS I first said, you should only buy a home if you NEED one or its your passion. A family qualifies as needing.

As far as the bigger picture and a home, Im trying to get a vasectomny so Ill NEVER spawn, and I would never be dumb enough to put myself into a legal position to have half of everything taken from me on another persons whim or mood swing (marriage).
In a church in front of God, sure. Leagally recognized by the state? HELL NO, and IN is not a common law marriage state :D

f car fan 09-23-2009 04:37 PM

thanks guys, to be honest i never thought there would be so many responses. i have talked everything over with some trusted friends and i am going to wait another 1.5-2 years and start shopping for one. this gives me time to save some more and also allow pricing to fall. and more time learn about the cars...maybe i can score a murci by then

thanks for all the replies and personal stories guys

ADubM3 09-23-2009 08:54 PM

Wow, great reading. I like the two sides to the story. Very interesting.
All I can say is if your driving an exotic no matter how old you are,
or even how you paid for it, you have to be feel'n pretty good.

ZZinger 09-24-2009 06:31 AM

Great idea f car fan. I waited for 10 months to get my ordered 997 Twin Turbo. It was a long wait but well worth it! With extra time you can save and find the "perfect" car that you are looking for. Good luck and I hope you find the Murci of your dreams. Color desired??

frog_a_lot 09-24-2009 09:45 AM

AussieRS - Yeah i know dude we get F***ed sideways here with the price of cars.

so you guys in the US can understand, i had a quick look in the forsale forum and then looked for same cars in Aus, and all the P cars etc where pretty much 2-3 times the price in Aus, like a car for sale in the US for $45K would be over $100K here in aus.

Back on topic, i deffinelty agree tho that it depends on why you want the car, is it for passion of cars or is it to show people you have money. I personally love cars and for me to spend lots of money on a car it would because its my passion and i love driving. I mean i would rather be driving around in my nice car than sitting around in my nice house (if i had either).

But always remember..

"You can live in a car, but you can't race a house"

mod220 10-01-2009 08:55 AM

I'm perplexed too. if you come from a poor family, then you bought it on your own. and if you started working full time at 18, that's only 4 years of working to save up. you would need $150k to buy the Lambo, which equates to roughly $3,125/month over 4 years. To get the $3,125/month net, you need to make $4,150 (assuming 25% taxes).

so the first $49,800 (4,150 x 12) of your salary went to your car? I have a hard time believing an 18 year-old, living in Indy with no college degree could even earn $50k, but it would have to be a much higher income then that as $50k is just for the car, and you said you also paid rent?

it just doesn't pencil...

Originally Posted by Auctung (Post 2549292)
no offence taken

I grew up on welfare and food stamps because my dad didnt feal the need to get a job for 22 years. He finally got a part time job 2 years ago, so I take no pitty on him. Hes where he is because of his laziness and is on his own as far as Im concerned. I got no real help at all, and Im damn glad I didnt. I cant stand seeing kids on here going to 30k+ a year colleges and mommy and daddy are buying them new Bimmers. I did pay rent, which also covered food and was essentually my dads *****/slave where any free time I had he found busy work for me to do while he slept on the couch.

you would be surprised how much you can save when you are a miser and work all the time :D

StorminS4 10-01-2009 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mod220 (Post 2562447)

You'd be shocked at some of the jobs that are out there. I know a couple of 18 year olds pulling in $75-80k a year. It's all about the time you're willing to put in and how well you operate on very little sleep. But it can be done.

mod220 10-01-2009 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by StorminS4 (Post 2562537)
You'd be shocked at some of the jobs that are out there. I know a couple of 18 year olds pulling in $75-80k a year. It's all about the time you're willing to put in and how well you operate on very little sleep. But it can be done.

i'm not saying the jobs don't exist, but the whole scenario is illogical.

we each have a right to spend our money any way we like, but if the said poster really was making $80k/year, and put every nickel he made net of rent into savings to buy a $150,000 Lamborghini, while having no other investments/savings, while bunking up with pops, well, then that's a pretty irresponsible use of money. again, it doesn't pencil as i can't see somebody doing that.

Onetime 10-05-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mod220 (Post 2562447)
I'm perplexed too. if you come from a poor family, then you bought it on your own. and if you started working full time at 18, that's only 4 years of working to save up. you would need $150k to buy the Lambo, which equates to roughly $3,125/month over 4 years. To get the $3,125/month net, you need to make $4,150 (assuming 25% taxes).

so the first $49,800 (4,150 x 12) of your salary went to your car? I have a hard time believing an 18 year-old, living in Indy with no college degree could even earn $50k, but it would have to be a much higher income then that as $50k is just for the car, and you said you also paid rent?

I agree Mod. I'll think I'll move back in with mommy and daddy so I can drive a Lambo.

DRIVN Ind. 10-05-2009 04:13 PM

If you arent financially responsible for anyone other than yourself and you can swing it, why not.

All where your priorities lie.

Auctung 10-05-2009 09:34 PM

hilarious wow, some of you guys need to dream a little bigger and think beyond your own preconseptions that are holding you back.

you guys are sitting there asking how can this be, while I look at it as why can I not do better?

where you give up, I want more and figure out what will it take to get it.

then again that may be why Im 25 with my own biz, home, Lambo, and a CGT on the way. Im not fealing too bad right about now about some doubters on a message board. :cool:

to the rest of the "regular working guys" dont let people like this deture you. Ive been around them my entire life and just ignored them and focused on my goals and dreams. There are huge sacrifices to be made, but whatever it is you do, if you do it better than anyone else you will be more than sucessfull. And if you enjoy it, it wont even be a job to you. :)
And lastly, with God, ALL is possible!!

mod220 10-06-2009 06:47 AM

i know plenty of people who owned expensive cars by 25, I myself have had cash set aside since 26 to make a 360 of 996TT purchase. the difference with you is you have yet to quantify it. you claim to have been a poor 18 year old who saved up. nobody else's money, just saved, saved and saved. all I'm asking is for you to quantify that?

either you have exaggerated how bad your situation was, or you were hood rich buying a lambo while still bunking up with your folks. so which is it?

Originally Posted by Auctung (Post 2568244)
hilarious wow, some of you guys need to dream a little bigger and think beyond your own preconseptions that are holding you back.

you guys are sitting there asking how can this be, while I look at it as why can I not do better?

where you give up, I want more and figure out what will it take to get it.

then again that may be why Im 25 with my own biz, home, Lambo, and a CGT on the way. Im not fealing too bad right about now about some doubters on a message board. :cool:

to the rest of the "regular working guys" dont let people like this deture you. Ive been around them my entire life and just ignored them and focused on my goals and dreams. There are huge sacrifices to be made, but whatever it is you do, if you do it better than anyone else you will be more than sucessfull. And if you enjoy it, it wont even be a job to you. :)
And lastly, with God, ALL is possible!!

willcoxmd 10-06-2009 10:54 AM

this was a very entertaining thread, but i would like to say many of you have a misconception about doctors and lawyers and the money they make and how they got it. I'm just a regular guy, came from very little, just decided to focus my energy on going to school and working full time to pay for it. i spent a lot of years eating mac-n-cheese and coffee to get where i am now, but i'm still a regular guy :) oh...still don't have an Italian in my garage :(

Krashdoc 10-06-2009 11:19 AM

Occasionally I dream of owning a car that I lusted over since my youth.

SCEye 10-06-2009 12:34 PM

yup. Most doctors in their 30's have been studying nearly their whole life to be where they are. They make money because of the virtue of their intelligence and hard work, not because they're doctors. They would have made just as much, if not more, money had they chosen to do something else.

gandalfthegray 10-06-2009 08:33 PM

Have driven over the road trucks for 9 years now, I currently own a 99 360. I am definitely your "regular working guy". If you want it enough, you will make it a priority.

MrEdS4 10-07-2009 10:23 AM

I know several working guys who have Ferraris. Some make considerably less than six figures. If you read sites like this, just be mindful of the maintenance costs and prepare yourself for the depreciation and you will enjoy ownership. Shopping is really fun though and my two cents would be to take your time, shop around, and experience as many as you can before you pull the trigger. It is easy to get caught up with the first one that you see and rationalize all of the downsides. 360's are 6-10 years old now and they all have their issues. There are good ones out there and there are some that are garbage. Always get a good PPI. PM me if you want any other advice. Ours will turn over 50k miles this week!

gandalfthegray 10-07-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by MrEdS4 (Post 2570216)
I know several working guys who have Ferraris. Some make considerably less than six figures. If you read sites like this, just be mindful of the maintenance costs and prepare yourself for the depreciation and you will enjoy ownership. Shopping is really fun though and my two cents would be to take your time, shop around, and experience as many as you can before you pull the trigger. It is easy to get caught up with the first one that you see and rationalize all of the downsides. 360's are 6-10 years old now and they all have their issues. There are good ones out there and there are some that are garbage. Always get a good PPI. PM me if you want any other advice. Ours will turn over 50k miles this week!

I've got 49k and change on mine! I'm right behind you on the way to 50k. Might even beat you if it ever stops raining here in Minnesota.

StreetSpeed 10-08-2009 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by mod220 (Post 2568523)
. the difference with you is you have yet to quantify it. you claim to have been a poor 18 year old who saved up. nobody else's money, just saved, saved and saved. all I'm asking is for you to quantify that?

either you have exaggerated how bad your situation was, or you were hood rich buying a lambo while still bunking up with your folks. so which is it?

Kid must be a God damn drug dealer...

I kiiiiiiiiiiiiid I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

I'm also fuzzy on what people are referring to as a regular working guy here. A trader on wall street who works 14 hours a day is a regular working to me, he just makes $700,000 a year. What are we qualifying as a regular working guy? Under a $100K a year? As far as I can see if you make less than $100K a year, I don't care how much you've saved, you're crazy to be buying a $150,000 car.

We're gonna need to bust out this classic:
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/...orities-t2.jpg

997.1 10-09-2009 01:30 AM

I am 24 now, 23 when I got my first 997. Can't wait to actually start working. Oh, Im going the doctor route.

lbmtb 10-09-2009 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by 997.1 (Post 2572669)
I am 24 now, 23 when I got my first 997. Can't wait to actually start working. Oh, Im going the doctor route.

Who paid for that?

StreetSpeed 10-09-2009 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by 997.1 (Post 2572669)

I will commend you for that. If I was enough means that someone was buying me a Porsche when I was 23, and there's obviously some generational money in the family, I don't know that I would have the desire to work for a living.

beantowntechy 10-09-2009 07:44 AM

Regarding the perception of doctors and lawyers though, I would like to comment on that because I think it's comical. So many doctors these days, in particular the younger ones, are up to their ear holes in debt...now factor in the cost of being a doctor (malpractice insurance especially)..and I can say the several I know are far from being rich...and one goof away from someone else owning everything they have. Lawyers? I know so many lawyers who make a very modest income (40k in boston, and for the northeast, you can make the same amount of money doing retail mgt)...and there are a glut of lawyers out there (3 additional yrs post undergrad) and so few jobs, the average lawyer won't make good money for a long time.

I, on the other hand, got my start in information technology. I have passed all of my peers since I started in this industry 12 years ago and would surprise anyone with the money I make...and I only have an associates degree. But, I work hard and make things happen, and all of my employers have rewarded me for such. None have ever wanted to lose me, and those that heard about me were willing to pay more than the next guy to obtain my employment.

Moral of my rant? I guess perceptions are so way off base these days, they need to be re-written to reflect the sign of the times. If you work hard and make the right career choices, the money will come with it...it doesn't matter what you do. If you choose a job solely to chase the almighty dollar, you are destined to fail before you even start.

In the end, so long as you're happy when you go to sleep at night, that's all that matters.

Update: CNN's feature article this morning. I didn't see any Dr's/lawyers in top 10, but my career is #1.
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...apshots/1.html

PARealtor 10-18-2009 05:35 PM

buy what makes you happy and screw what others think. If you feel you can afford it then by all means go for it. Sure youre going to have those trust fund babies and lottery winners who will look down on you but even doctors and lawyers have to work hard for what they earn.

Buy it and enjoy it so long as it does financially hurt you down the road.

Onetime 10-19-2009 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed (Post 2571397)
Kid must be a God damn drug dealer...

I kiiiiiiiiiiiiid I kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

I'm also fuzzy on what people are referring to as a regular working guy here. A trader on wall street who works 14 hours a day is a regular working to me, he just makes $700,000 a year. What are we qualifying as a regular working guy? Under a $100K a year? As far as I can see if you make less than $100K a year, I don't care how much you've saved, you're crazy to be buying a $150,000 car.

We're gonna need to bust out this classic:
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/...orities-t2.jpg

That's exactly what I'm talking about!

adamls2 10-23-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by redhotmurc333 (Post 2523259)
Personally I don't think it matters "what" you do, what your title is or where you live, whether it's a house, a mansion, or a apt...AS LONG AS YOU CAN AFFORD IT and the maintenance(Services, repairs, insurance, registration, taxes, gas)and it is your passion, go for it!!!
My passion for cars stemmed since I was a little boy in the 70's as I watched my big bro work on his 76' Pontiac Firebird in the garage or take me on canyon runs in his Jensen Healey...That's when my love affair for cars began and I knew I would ALWAYS want a nice sports car!!!

And years later when I got into college, I lived with roommates, in a rental property and I went to school full time AND worked full time and when my other friends spent all their money on nice clothes, leisure activities and partying, I didn't!
Instead I saved and saved and bought myself a 1 year old pre-owned 93 Porsche 911 C-2 in triple black! Was I pushing it??? YES...but was I happy??? HECK YEAH I was!!!
And yea I got stares and yeah I got comments like, "DADDY'S CAR?"
But you know what??? I LOVED IT and DIDN'T GIVE A CRUD! Because at the end of the day, after parking the car in the garage, I would shut the door, set the alarm, and then take one more look at the baby before going inside and have a feeling of fulfilment that was undescribable...It was like feeling full even if I haven't eaten yet!!! :p
And since then, about 16 years after...I have owned almost every car that I've dreamed of owning! Am I the richest man in the world? Not EVEN CLOSE! Do I lose alot of money than justifiable from depreciation? Probably!:D
Do some people think I'm crazy for going thru cars so quickly? You betcha!
Do I care? NOT!
Why??? Because it is my passion and if I'm going to be working hard to get these hard earned dollars, I think I am entitled to have at least one hobby that will make me happy! As long as I have all my other priorities straight, it doesn't hurt anybody~
Because maybe to someone a $1200 pair of shoes, $180k watch, or a $5000 Cell Phone may make sense... but to me... NOT REALLY!
But I don't knock them because maybe that's their passion...BUT my passion is in cars!!! Different strokes for different folks!!!
My friends used to ask me, "If you had a choice of having a huge house and a mediocre car or have an AWESOME car and live in an apt, what would u choose?" What do you think my answer was?? Right!!! HAHA!:)

So yea, you will always have someone judging you or saying things that you don't want to hear BUT they are all entitled to their opinions and you shouldn't let it get to you and you should never have to justify your passion to anyone! Because that is your prerogative and your forte~

Sorry for the long story but if you want it, whether it's the prancin horse, a stuttgart shield or a raging bull and you CAN afford to pay cash or finance it(either or it's all just a numbers game cuz if you pay cash for this you're probably making payments on something else)... Just GO FOR IT!!!;)
Because in the long haul, you're the one that's paying the notes anyways...not them!!!

thanks for the wonderful story....really inspiring...thanks for sharing :)

adamls2 10-23-2009 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Auctung (Post 2547667)
I couldnt disagree more with everything you have to say.
First, I bought my Lambo when I was living at home at 22 and only kick myslef for not doing it sooner. I now own my own home and it is by far the dumbest thing I ever did. I NEVER wanted to be a home owner, but when prices tanked I bought a home at a great price in a nice prentious pompous neighborhood in the "rich" area of town. I also bought probulay the worst house in the neighborhood so Im surrounded by snobs whos main focus in their life is keeping up with the Jones and entire self worth seems to be on showing up each other homes while I couldnt give two ****s about my own, and boy do they love that hilarious
as far as "investment" thats a huge joke. Getting past the equity thing vs throwing your money away with an apt, you are throwing even more away with a home. Property tax, when you need a new roof, when the AC ****s out, when the fridge takes a crap, when the sump pump goes bad, when the toilet backs up, maintance on the lawn, tress, shrubs, etc., painting the house, HOA dues, and on and on and on and on some more. Its an endless money pit, then when you work all week to pay the mortgage you get to work all weekend keeping the house clean, mowing the lawn, making it look nice like the neighbors etc. A home slowly kills your soul, a car may depreciate, but the joy and passion it fills you with is something you can never put a price on.

Further more, great you bought a say 400k home and after so many years its now worth 550k. You sell it to "move up", but all the homes you want to move up to have now gone up in value too, on top of that after all your prop taxes and endless expenses what ever is left now goes to the realitor and her 6-7% commission, so you either lost money or made next to nothing for all your risk, time, effort, etc.
In the end you should only own a home if you abosultly must (such as a large family) or it is your passion and you know what youre in for.

spend your money on cars if thats what makes you happy, dont follow anyones BS rules of how to live your life.

I made the best of it by getting roomies, so ALL of my expenses are covered and I can go back to putting all my funds towars more cars :D
next up a CGT, and that may be here next month :cool:
now isnt that more fun than wasting your life to have glorified place to eat, sleep, and poop?

btw, all my neighbors think Im a drug dealer too, and Im for real about that. A friend of mine is friends with a lady in the next neighborhood over and told him how they all talk in detail about me being one hilarious
or Im a "rich daddys boy" :rolleyes:
I couldnt give two ****s less, I just let them think what they want :)

ur completly right man and good posting...hope u get the CGT soon!! its truly the best sounding car in the world imo and my dream car :)

ice350 10-23-2009 03:29 PM

I only read the first post by the thread starter and don't know where this has gone but here's my 2 cents.

I don't agree with seperating the dr's and lawyers from regular working folks. Anyone who works is regular working folk.
I might seperate out the trust fund kids or people who are spending someone else's money but anyone who works, set their goals and have achieved some degree of stability or success is a working stiff. Ask dr's how tough it is for some of them. Many lawyers are stressed to the hilts over decreasing income these days.
Many business owners work 10+ hours a day. It's tough all over right now.

Me, I consider myself a working stiff. Not near exotic car ability but I have 2 Lexus cars and I ain't complaining.

To the OP, why even worry about anyone else. Sounds like you have made the proper decisions and want to reward yourself with the car of your dreams. You're probably gonna need more than you thought to maintain it but go for it.

Chipster 10-23-2009 05:55 PM

I am 27 and an engineer for a defense contractor. Bought a diablo this past summer. Wish I had planned a little better though. Ended up having some kind of problem right after purchasing which I was not very prepared for. It sounds like you should be fine. Affordability is a relative term and it seems like you have planned everything out. Just take your time finding exactly what you want!

Fantasma 10-23-2009 08:42 PM

I'm getting pretty tired of all the drug dealer bashing in this thread.

Auctung 10-23-2009 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chipster (Post 2591364)
I am 27 and an engineer for a defense contractor. Bought a diablo this past summer. Wish I had planned a little better though. Ended up having some kind of problem right after purchasing which I was not very prepared for. It sounds like you should be fine. Affordability is a relative term and it seems like you have planned everything out. Just take your time finding exactly what you want!

got some bad news for yah
theyre Italian, its what they do
and after a few years when you seem to have fixed and replaced everything, then same old problems just start all over again :(

when my friend exclaim, "Your Diablo is in the shop again!?!?"
my repsonce is "its Italian"
when they ask why its back for, I just say "Its an Italian POS, thats just what they do :("

get used to it :(

Verone24 10-31-2009 06:19 PM

you worked hard for the money, you deserve it

rvhpno80 10-31-2009 07:05 PM

buy want you want, when you want.... i work hard and drive hard....

evolveC4 10-31-2009 08:53 PM

I'm 41, own my own business, wife has her own company as well, we both make low six figures a year, no kids, no financial worries. That said I've spent $250,000.00 on 4 cars in last 10 years, I should have kepst the first one and invsted more time and focused on business, took the advce of wiser people with more experience around me. I have a great life, however I could have invested $200,000.00 in real estate back in early 98, instead of buying 3 cars that losst 80% of there value. My advice to you: go buy a 2006 997 c2 for 40,000.00 t0 45,000, drive it for 10 years, invest your time and money in your company and focus, focus, focus. After 10 years
if you play your cards right you can buy any car (sub $200,000.00) and not worry about the payment. As for what other people think, don't waste your time and energy on that garbage, when I'm driving my car the only thing I'm thiking about is, am I going make that 35 mph posted off ramp at 80! :D