Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

My first Ferrari

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 PM
RRhumper is on a distinguished road
congrats, but forget the turbo idea...the value of the car is going to drop. If you want a turbo...buy a 997 GT2, 997 turbo or the R35 skyline.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
HRD SEL is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car. Congrats!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:01 PM
lacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud oflacrosse has much to be proud of
Congratulations. A beautiful car.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Leave it stock and keep it pristine and in perfect shape. Modifying it is a bitter fruit -- you can make it faster, but it never ends and you can't win. There is always more money you can spend and another tenth of a second you can take off your standing start mile time with another $20K. And someone else will have spent more and eventually the factory will just trump you to where you can't compete.
Meanwhile you have ruined a thoroughbred and despite all your $$$ you'll get your *** kicked at the local mile competition by someone with the right goods, no pedigree, but the right starting formula: like a '73 Camaro running a 10-liter Judd V-10 offshore racing engine with dual SCrs and 2000 RWHP (such cars really exist, and cost less than you'll spend, believe me). Point is it never stops and it doesn't end and you trashed your great classic trying . . .
Instead, leave it stock and enjoy owning a thoroughbred. Body by Pininfarina. Prancing Horse. And as they say, as a street car, still the fastest zero to vagina time in the world!!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 07:54 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Like Lee said keep it stock, Ferrari does not leave much on the table for tuners to get to.
Stock forced induction cars(997TT, GTR), whole different ball game.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
congrats man!! owning a ferrari is such a great feeling

Old 10-23-2010, 02:27 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
amazing seats

Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
no turbo just get a better full exhaust system and carbon intakes.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
WOW...just enjoy it for while before you start the mods. Congrats. That is a great achievement! Question for you...since it is your first ferrari can you compare it to some of the other cars you have owned?
Thanks and congrats again.
D

Old 10-24-2010, 07:56 AM
RacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud of
Amazing car!! Congrats!!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:53 PM
don26s is on a distinguished road
congrats... good looking ride

Old 10-27-2010, 04:45 AM
PRS 7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lee Willis
Leave it stock and keep it pristine and in perfect shape. Modifying it is a bitter fruit -- you can make it faster, but it never ends and you can't win. There is always more money you can spend and another tenth of a second you can take off your standing start mile time with another $20K. And someone else will have spent more and eventually the factory will just trump you to where you can't compete.
Meanwhile you have ruined a thoroughbred and despite all your $$$ you'll get your *** kicked at the local mile competition by someone with the right goods, no pedigree, but the right starting formula: like a '73 Camaro running a 10-liter Judd V-10 offshore racing engine with dual SCrs and 2000 RWHP (such cars really exist, and cost less than you'll spend, believe me). Point is it never stops and it doesn't end and you trashed your great classic trying . . .
Instead, leave it stock and enjoy owning a thoroughbred. Body by Pininfarina. Prancing Horse. And as they say, as a street car, still the fastest zero to vagina time in the world!!!!
^THIS. Why not just enjoy the car as it is and was intended to be?
Go snag a cloth seat no option 2011 Mustang 5.0 and throw 3 grand in it and you can have a 1/4 mile car if you are in to that sort of thing. Not to be hypocritical with the Mustang example but I hope you know what I mean. Getting a 430 and wondering what wheels, tail light tint or not, lowering and this and that engine mods is just backwards IMO.

To each their own though. I ran across a Scud for sale where the owner had put on two tone wheels, blacked out light lenses and sub woofers and speakers every where..coughed up some of my lunch. I don't know why I feel this way for F cars like I do.

Enjoy!

Last edited by PRS 7; 10-27-2010 at 05:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 AM
pearsonhaus will become famous soon enough
Happy for you! It's a work of automotive art, leave it stock...

Congrats and enjoy!!

Old 11-01-2010, 07:23 PM
kylebusch is on a distinguished road
Seeking first Ferrari - 67-69 Dino 246GT

Seeking a Dino 246GT:
Hi,
My name is Kyle Busch and I am the Author of the book: “Drive the Best for the Price …” I looking to pay cash and give my 86 Volkswagen Jetta (driven over 508,000 miles) for a 67-69 Dino 246GT with solid chassis, no leaks or smoke. The Jetta runs good given its high mileage. My auto web site is: www.DriveTheBestBook.com, my e-mail is kbusch3@verizon.net, and phone 814 833-1511.
86 Volkswagen Jetta
1.8 gas engine
5-speed transmission
Clean interior
PA inspection until 8/2011
Recent maintenance:
Oil and filter
Spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor
New water pump
New half-shaft (driver’s side)
New shift linkage bushings and rebuilt shift lever

Own a piece of automotive history (Kyle Busch’s 86 Jetta) and of course I will also pay much cash.
If you know of someone who has a solid Dino 246GT, please pass along the word.
Thank you,
Kyle Busch

Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
djr1126 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first Ferrari