Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

430 maintenance costs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
430 maintenance costs

I am looking at 2005 - 2007 430, F-1 but I am curious what I can expect to pay in terms of routine maintenance. What are some major service intervals?

Thanks

Last edited by sbkim; 12-31-2010 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Annual is not bad oil and fluid change and maybe a set of tires.

Between 1-2K.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:20 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
The annual service that we do is $1350, and that includes oil and filter, brake fluid, pollen filter, wiper blades and an inspection.

The 2yr/5K service we do is $2250 and includes the above with engine coolant, transmission fluid, engine air filters, and accessory belts if needed.

Depending on how you drive your car, the clutch cost is around $4-5k for the complete job, and can last anywhere from 5,000 miles to 20,000, that is the range I have seen.

Those are the major things that go on with 430's, and tires are also dependant on your driving style.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:24 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MK4lowIRA
The annual service that we do is $1350, and that includes oil and filter, brake fluid, pollen filter, wiper blades and an inspection.

The 2yr/5K service we do is $2250 and includes the above with engine coolant, transmission fluid, engine air filters, and accessory belts if needed.

Depending on how you drive your car, the clutch cost is around $4-5k for the complete job, and can last anywhere from 5,000 miles to 20,000, that is the range I have seen.

Those are the major things that go on with 430's, and tires are also dependant on your driving style.
just curious, is that for the F1 or the 6 speed, I always wanted to get one but I heard to replace the clutch is around 10 grand , and even for the Gallardo. All insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance....

Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
The clutch for the F1 and 6speed are the same, and it is the same gearbox, so the cost should be the same. Our clutch kit with labor never exceeds $6K, and that was a upgraded clutch we had custom made for a car. $10k sounds like a ripoff to me....

Old 12-31-2010, 02:54 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
The clutch for the F1 and 6speed are the same, and it is the same gearbox, so the cost should be the same. Our clutch kit with labor never exceeds $6K, and that was a upgraded clutch we had custom made for a car. $10k sounds like a ripoff to me....
ok thanks, honestly 6 grand isnt that bad, I may look into a f430 now (6speed though) what r your thoughts if I might ask? to bad you guys are in FL, and do you know of any other reputable shops in NY that works on ferrari? ....... thanks in advance once again...

Last edited by rvhpno80; 12-31-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Great info. Thank you so much.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:33 AM
Personally I prefer a 6speed trans, it is overall more fun for the driving experience. Ferrari 6speeds are very reliable, and the only reason I would recommend an F1 is if you are planning to take it to the track for some serious driving, simply because it shifts faster and you don't have to take a hand off of the wheel. If you take it to the track just for fun a few times a year, a 6speed will be fine, plus there are less things to go wrong when there are 2 cables, as opposed to an entire F1 system.

I am not too familiar with shops in NY, although I have heard good things about Wide World of Cars, but I am not sure how close that is to you. You are welcome!

Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Personally I prefer a 6speed trans, it is overall more fun for the driving experience. Ferrari 6speeds are very reliable, and the only reason I would recommend an F1 is if you are planning to take it to the track for some serious driving, simply because it shifts faster and you don't have to take a hand off of the wheel. If you take it to the track just for fun a few times a year, a 6speed will be fine, plus there are less things to go wrong when there are 2 cables, as opposed to an entire F1 system.

I am not too familiar with shops in NY, although I have heard good things about Wide World of Cars, but I am not sure how close that is to you. You are welcome!
Excellent point. I guess I won't rule out a manual. Thanks again.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
For owners in the Southern California, contact us.

F430 maintenance costs aren't bad at all

We use the factory clutch

Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 PM
7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts7seven is infamous around these parts
good info, thanks

Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
CosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud ofCosmosMpower has much to be proud of

Those prices don't seem bad compared to what I've read about older Ferrari maintenance costs but dang that yearly is still crazy unless it's very hard to change the oil on the car or something. Seems like maybe 200-300 bucks in materials tops and 1K in labor? Do any of you guys do the annual yourself? Seems like maybe 50 bucks in oil, a pollen filter, $50 for a bottle of Motul, and some belts and you should be able to DIY for less than $200 total?

I was thinking the high dollar stuff would be a bit more mechanically complicated like valve, clutch adjustments etc.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 01-11-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
you gotta pay to play.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Those prices don't seem bad compared to what I've read about older Ferrari maintenance costs but dang that yearly is still crazy unless it's very hard to change the oil on the car or something. Seems like maybe 200-300 bucks in materials tops and 1K in labor? Do any of you guys do the annual yourself? Seems like maybe 50 bucks in oil, a pollen filter, $50 for a bottle of Motul, and some belts and you should be able to DIY for less than $200 total?

I was thinking the high dollar stuff would be a bit more mechanically complicated like valve, clutch adjustments etc.
Older Ferrari's are a completely different story, but with the 430 you don't have to worry about timing belt, which is a big expense on older cars. We only charge 6 hours in labor, which comes out to $750, so the parts/labor is not very lopsided. The oil is not too hard to change, but brake flushes can be difficult if you don't have the right equipment or do not know what you are doing, and a little brake fluid on CC Brakes is bad news. A major part in our pricing is the quality of fluids we use, being a dealer we use all Ferrari recommended stuff, which is slightly expensive. With us servicing the car, you also have peace of mind that if something does go wrong, we stand behind our work and correct it, whereas if something went wrong while you were doing the service yourself, you are liable for it. That's my 2 cents.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Surfevo is on a distinguished road
Go for the 6 speed, it may be your last chance to row your own in a Ferrari.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 430 maintenance costs