Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

I am curious to know what type of professional work does it take to own a Ferrari???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Lambo Rambo is on a distinguished road
I am curious to know what type of professional work does it take to own a Ferrari???

Hey What type of work do you guys do that has given yo the ability to buy a Ferrari?
When your buying is it mostly an emotional buying experience? Or are you just looking to save money?
I have yet to purchase my first Ferrari, but I know that soon I will be doing so and I want to know how it is that you go about buying a Ferrari!
Your input would be great!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 AM
DonJuan348 is on a distinguished road
It takes having your finances in order and educating yourself on what it takes to own one.

Depending on the model, you can buy a Ferrari for as little as $30k. That's the average price of a new Honda or Toyota.

I'm a truck driver and own a 360

Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Pizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to beholdPizzamangtr is a splendid one to behold
Pizzeria owner here, I had a 360f1 spyder.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:05 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
You will find mostly entrepreneurs, executives, physicians, and attorneys on this forum. However, as Donjuan said above, it is not about what you make but what you spend.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
vaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the roughvaportrail is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
You will find mostly entrepreneurs, executives, physicians, and attorneys on this forum. However, as Donjuan said above, it is not about what you make but what you spend.
You forgot engineers!
and business owners.
(I am both)

If I had to guess, there are more small business owners around these parts than any other single occupation.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM
YNOT2K is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by phaphaphooey
i can "afford" a ferrari. why don't i own one? lots of reasons, but mostly because right now there are other more important things for me to do with my money. (i am, however, semi-seriously considering an 2005 F430 F1 coupe i saw recently.)

btw, i work at a non-profit organization which helps meet the needs of blind people.

i think you will find folks from all walks of life who own Ferraris. priorities is what distinguishes the owner from the non-owner.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
That's neat, sounds like your job is very rewarding helping out blind people!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
And you have a Ferrari as well?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Nice, is your top speed 180? or is that an updated model with more hp?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:17 PM
unpolire is on a distinguished road
It really has nothing to do with occupation, just interest. I have seen 208/308GT4 for under $25K, as well as Mondials and 308s under $35K. You can buy an excellent Ferrari for the price of a new Accord. The newer (electronic fuel injection) ones can be driven every day so you don't need a "backup" car. A friend drove a 308GTS as his only car and got priority service at the dealer as a result! Owning a classic Ferrari like a Superfast or Lusso is another matter...

Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
I mop floors and express internal memos around the office

Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by YNOT2K
i can "afford" a ferrari. why don't i own one? lots of reasons, but mostly because right now there are other more important things for me to do with my money. (i am, however, semi-seriously considering an 2005 F430 F1 coupe i saw recently.)

btw, i work at a non-profit organization which helps meet the needs of blind people.

i think you will find folks from all walks of life who own Ferraris. priorities is what distinguishes the owner from the non-owner.
That being the case I'm sure that there are ways that you can get a Ferrari at a good deal and save money...

Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
I am an elecrical engineer. Co-founder of the company I work at and help run. IEEE Fellow because of creativity and work I did when I was in my 20s, etc. Bought a new F430 (one of the very last Ferriari's with an M6), really nice Aston, old virgin Sunbeam 260 cid Tiger, and coolest of all, a very nice Vignale bodied '52 Fiat 8V 2-liter coupe. Cars still are an interest and my thing but anymore I am more interested in model trains and art.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
I seriously considering one as well...

Old 04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
LexdiamonNYC is on a distinguished road
Ferraris are cool, but wait until your friends start collecting planes and boats.........that's when it gets expensive!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I am curious to know what type of professional work does it take to own a Ferrari???