Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

06-07 f430 Challenge owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM
jaxxonR8 will become famous soon enough
06-07 f430 Challenge owners?

I've done a few search's and can't find any F430 Challenge owners in this section... I've found one that has low hours and it really good condition.

I'm looking for Pro's and cons since they seen to be 40k or so less than a Scud - looking to trade my GT3RS for a dedicated track/club racing car. I don't drive on the street at all. One big reason is that I prefer a mid-engine fully dedicated track car and like F1 shifting vs 6 speed... If GT3RS's had PDK i'd be all over it...

I'd prefer F430 Challnge owners reply -or ex owners of one. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:39 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Challenge wasn't road legal was it? You may have issues finding actual owners. Is the one you've found a Challenge for sure? Scuderia is obviously the road legal edition.

The Challenge only had a freer flowing exhaust and updated 5/6th gears, everything else was the same IIRC.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:43 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
You try Fchat? .....theres an entire thread dedicated to challenge cars....guaranteed you'll find your answers there.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:52 AM
ivory8 is on a distinguished road
Hey Man what's up. I'm a racing instructor at Dreamracing.com in las Vegas Nevada.

we have 12 Ferrari challenge 430s in our fleet and I've spent well over 100 hours in these cars on track and drive them at least once a week. If you have any specific questions let me know. I don't have much knowledge when it comes to comparing/contrasting different types of race cars (like a Porsche cup car) but I pretty much know these cars like the back of my hand.

Hope I can help,
Jordan

Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 AM
After re-reading he OP's post I'll give you some advice when trying to purchase a challenge car.

I would say the most important thing is to try and get in the car and drive it yourself before purchasing. every incident, dropped wheel, or small accident each race car has had effects it's driving. Cars in Prestine condition feel planted, tight, not like a covered wagon lol. Sure, 430 challenge cars are going to have much more road noise than a production vehicle, but the less accidents in a cars past will result in a smoother ride. so try and take a ride or drive in the car you're looking to purchase and make your judgement.

The F1 paddle shift is great, perfectly responsive, and it won't let you over-rev the engine.

The ASR(traction control) that comes with the 430 challenge cars is spot on and is a great tool to help you learn the limits of the car before turning off the traction control.

The engine and transmission are very durable, and will take a lot of beating before needing a rebuild.

If at all possible make sure your Challenge car gets or has steel breaks rather than carbon ceramic. The extra braking force isn't worth the 15k replacement cost per track weekend.

They're great cars, buy it and have fun

hope this helps you a little.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by ivory8
After re-reading he OP's post I'll give you some advice when trying to purchase a challenge car.

I would say the most important thing is to try and get in the car and drive it yourself before purchasing. every incident, dropped wheel, or small accident each race car has had effects it's driving. Cars in Prestine condition feel planted, tight, not like a covered wagon lol. Sure, 430 challenge cars are going to have much more road noise than a production vehicle, but the less accidents in a cars past will result in a smoother ride. so try and take a ride or drive in the car you're looking to purchase and make your judgement.

The F1 paddle shift is great, perfectly responsive, and it won't let you over-rev the engine.

The ASR(traction control) that comes with the 430 challenge cars is spot on and is a great tool to help you learn the limits of the car before turning off the traction control.

The engine and transmission are very durable, and will take a lot of beating before needing a rebuild.

If at all possible make sure your Challenge car gets or has steel breaks rather than carbon ceramic. The extra braking force isn't worth the 15k replacement cost per track weekend.

They're great cars, buy it and have fun

hope this helps you a little.
Thanks Jordan, I bought one (it's just about GT2 spec sans a wider front end... I think I'll come out to Vegas and do some instructed laps with you guys. I'm sure I'll learn a ton... Jax

Old 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Definitely man, We have several packages where you can compare your previous laps using telemetry and such, our cars don't have a sequential gearbox like some of the gt2 cars but its primarily the same idea. Hope to see you out there! we'll get ya up to speed

Congrats on your purchase!

Last edited by ivory8; 01-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.