Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

F430 Scuderia, 458, or Porsche GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Younggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant future
F430 Scuderia, 458, or Porsche GT2?

Just looking for some opinions on what you would have and why. I currently have a Porsche GT2. I've had it for almost 5 years now and am just thinking of getting something different. I've seen the price come down on the 458 and the Scuderias and could essentially trade for either at this point with maybe a little cash added depending on the car. I've yet to test drive either Ferrari so no personal knowledge of either but have essentially gathered some pros and cons for each from reading on here, reviews, etc.

F430 Scuderia:
Pros: More rare limited production car than the 458 so more likely to hold or possibly increase in value. The value is not a huge concern but is partially why I didn't consider a normal F430. Also being that I have the GT2 now and this is purely a toy I would think the Scuderia would more fit that mold with a more aggressive sound, ride, etc.
Cons: F1 transmission only. I know the Scuderia is supposed to have a better one that the normal F430's but I have heard that is somewhat of a weak point for the driving experience of the F430's in general. If anyone has had a Scuderia and normal F430 and could speak to that I'd appreciate it. Other than that I haven't heard of any major mechanical issues with these cars. No chance of factory warranty.

458:
Pros: More modern technology overall (engine, trans, etc.) as well as being a little softer overall than the Scuderia. Also a little more power and speed to compare to my GT2. Possibility of still having maintenance or warranty in place.
Cons: Value dropping much lower than current value possibly. Still only F1 transmission (not sure I want to give up the manual). Not sure of any mechanical issues but possibly later as the cars age.

Porsche:
Pros: I already own it... Easier to get it serviced (closest Ferrari dealer is 3hrs from me). Overall a faster car than either Ferrari (mine also has a EVOMS 680 kit). It has a manual transmission. Less of a stigma for Porsche's as you have to really know what it is or its just another Porsche.
Cons: I already own it... Overall a less passionate car than what I've read about the Ferrari's. I'm scared of my wife driving it because of the power and RWD only. I'm sure I'll catch hell for that last point...

Anyway so what's your opinion and why? Thanks for the help.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:25 AM
cephas is on a distinguished road
better balance between performance/value, easy to drive and own; a good one will become classic in the future
Just move closer to the dealer :P

Old 01-13-2017, 09:29 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
easy, 458

Old 01-13-2017, 12:45 PM
997 GT2 has a spectacular aura about997 GT2 has a spectacular aura about
Hi aficionado,
go for a 458. The sound is to die for!!!!
Or take and keep both, as i do ;-)
Btw:
the 458 has not the classic F1 transmission, but the modern GETRAG gearbox
with a double clutch transmission and no longer the nasty timing belt problem!
and it looks like to be the last natural aspirated engine!
just keep it stupid and simple!
STAY TUNED !
regards Klaus

Last edited by 997 GT2; 01-13-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:28 PM
Hamani is on a distinguished road
wtb im serching for a clean gt2 if anyone can found just let me know this is my email hamanipro@gmail.com thank you

Old 01-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Younggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant futureYounggungt has a brilliant future
Pretty consistent answers so far. Kinda surprised there hasn't been anyone in favor of the Scuderia though. Thanks for the responses so far. May just have to find a dealer with both so I can test drive them back to back.

Old 01-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
Bryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant futureBryce@CNC Motors has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Younggungt
Pretty consistent answers so far. Kinda surprised there hasn't been anyone in favor of the Scuderia though. Thanks for the responses so far. May just have to find a dealer with both so I can test drive them back to back.
I'll throw my hat into the Scuderia ring.. 1. Because its personally my favorite F-Car 2. Because I think it would be easy to appreciate and relate most to it coming out of your current P car.

The Scuderia hands down if your looking for something involved without incorporating a 3rd pedal. When you shift the F-1 in a Scud you can slam the throttle but the F-1 is best received when you feather it and time your lead foot punches.. being more involved.

The 458 is an absolute bullet proof car, and its electronic options and suspension settings allow you to go from freeway cruiser to track rat faster that you can say "458".. It sounds like you want that involved enthusiast feel and experience.. I personally think that'll be with the Scud. Scud would also maintain enthusiast value whereas a "normal" 458 would not... unless you can pony up to a Speciale'

Scud maintenance isn't too bad.. your annuals and anything that ends up leaking which is honestly going to be a sweaty head gasket or CV boot, but as long as you do your due diligence and get a serviced up car, you should be fine..

If you get that 458, keep in mind 12's and newer come with 7 year maintenance that's transferable.. free service.

Last edited by Bryce@CNC Motors; 01-24-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:18 AM
stealthlogics is on a distinguished road
Awesome select 3 right there
I would say scuderia

Old 01-25-2017, 08:33 PM
boostfiend is on a distinguished road
I'd keep the GT2 and wait for the new one and hope it's manual. 458s are holding value well you could always try it out and sell it 3-12 months down the road and not lose any money.

You sound like a 6speed guy as great as the 458 is have a feeling you'll be looking for a clutch pedal. Same goes for the Scud on value but maintenance is more costly especially if roads aren't ideal where you are Scuds wear suspension components out quite fast.

GT2 is a monster I wouldn't let the wife drive it either especially with an evo kit lol.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
I own a 991.1 Turbo S and I have a GT2 coming soon. The Turbo is crazy fast and too easy to drive. I have logged over 20,000 miles in it in less than two years. However, I really look forward to the GT2's raw driving experience and expect to drive the car on the track a time or two.

Someday I would love to own a 458. That day will come when I can stomach the maintenance costs-- I know the later 458's came with 5-year plans-- and the 400-mile trip to the nearest F-car dealership. I thought a 430 manual would check all of the F-car boxes, but these cars are almost as expensive as a 458 now and without the modernity. The F-430 6-speed also remains on my list in lieu of its appreciation.

I recommend the 458 but I think you would be less inclined to drive it as you would any P-car. I know the P-cars don't evoke passion like F-cars, but then you don't have to worry about all the attention they generate either. The P-car is like wearing a comfy pair of jeans. The F-car is like an Elvis costume; it is loud and you're going to get a lot of attention. No one trades in a pair of comfy jeans for an Elvis costume. Keep the jeans but also get your Elvis costume!

Is this the first time a Ferrari was equated with Elvis? Sorry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.