6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Ferrari (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari-40/)
-   -   All my Porsches are Gone and Now we are all Italian (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/ferrari/405412-all-my-porsches-gone-now-we-all-italian.html)

wrs 03-31-2017 03:50 PM

All my Porsches are Gone and Now we are all Italian

6 Attachment(s)
In one week, bye bye CTTS and TTS..........

Just wanted to post over in the appropriate sub form now.

Here is my new 2017 Cali T HS and the Italian garage.

GT3Fan24 03-31-2017 04:00 PM

Congrats. Those are some beauties.

wrs 03-31-2017 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Goin2drt (Post 4622468)
Congrats. Those are some beauties.

Thanks!

GCBC 04-01-2017 09:49 PM

nice

wrs 04-02-2017 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur (Post 4622739)
nice

Thanks

Alcav5 04-02-2017 09:42 AM

I did the same thing 2 yrs ago. Changed the S8 for Ghibli & '11 911TT for a Cali then 612. Look back imo Porsches are great cars but Italians are fun...

Congrats

BladeMD 04-02-2017 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive got a 360 3-pedal and just added my first German. '11 Cayenne TT. Love them both! Such a huge difference but both very fun!

wrs 04-02-2017 06:07 PM

Hey that's a good arrangment. We loved the Porsches but wanted a change.

BladeMD 04-02-2017 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by wrs (Post 4622916)
Hey that's a good arrangment. We loved the Porsches but wanted a change.

Can't blame you a bit. The Cali and Ghibli are great rides! If there was a 5 passenger Ferrari, I'd go there. Looking forward to the reviews of the Maserati SUV

wrs 04-03-2017 03:51 PM

Cold Start video on the Cali T HS.

911Konigin 04-04-2017 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by wrs (Post 4622464)
In one week, bye bye CTTS and TTS..........

Just wanted to post over in the appropriate sub form now.

Here is my new 2017 Cali T HS and the Italian garage.

Could you please compare the driving experience between the two.............

THANKS!

wrs 04-04-2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Karen England (Post 4623598)
Could you please compare the driving experience between the two.............

THANKS!

Well there were four cars mentioned, which two? Not trying to be dense here, just not sure what comparison you want. They are all four very good drives in their own ways.

GCBC 04-09-2017 09:06 PM

kinda of off topic but I explicitly did NOT buy a RR sport or full size based on ride quality. Presumably this was due to my reasonable, legitimate & measurable hatred for pirelli....that was on all 3 different wheel size versions that i test drove about 6-8mo ago. Everything else was fine but the truck felt like it was riding on rocks constantly making mountains out of mole hills so to speak, what buns do you have on it and how does its ride compare with presumably the pirellis on your QP GTS, which I also know ride quality is unwittingly sacrificed by running a pirelli stock?

and the chap who asked about a compare... the new cali TT really isn't anything like the GT-S or other cars, its equally in its own catagory all together.

***btw, yes, I publicly denounce pirelli as a specific use tire and all together as a brand as they genuinely make junk when compared to even just mich, in each category.

wrs 04-10-2017 06:07 AM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur (Post 4625368)
kinda of off topic but I explicitly did NOT buy a RR sport or full size based on ride quality. Presumably this was due to my reasonable, legitimate & measurable hatred for pirelli....that was on all 3 different wheel size versions that i test drove about 6-8mo ago. Everything else was fine but the truck felt like it was riding on rocks constantly making mountains out of mole hills so to speak, what buns do you have on it and how does its ride compare with presumably the pirellis on your QP GTS, which I also know ride quality is unwittingly sacrificed by running a pirelli stock?

and the chap who asked about a compare... the new cali TT really isn't anything like the GT-S or other cars, its equally in its own catagory all together.

***btw, yes, I publicly denounce pirelli as a specific use tire and all together as a brand as they genuinely make junk when compared to even just mich, in each category.

The RR has Continental Cross Contact, it seems to be an all weather tire suitable for off road use which it has done well with. Picks up nails pretty well too but I take the RR off road in West Texas and it has a great ride out there. I also use it in the piney woods of East Texas where it can take the mud holes that some pickups can't get through. The RR is kind of a different animal than the QP GTS even though it's got luxury appointments. It rides higher like a truck so it's not a low luxury ride like the QP GTS which is much smoother but also way more connected to the road.

To fully appreciate the versatility of the RR, you need to have some off road or really bad road time in it. Then you will see where it shines. In places where my kidneys would be bounced out by a standard truck, the RR just rides smoothly over all kinds of ruts and holes.

CornersWell 04-19-2017 05:50 PM

Va bene!

CW