Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari FXX K Evoluzione Mule Testing HARD On Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 05:58 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough
Ferrari FXX K Evoluzione Mule Testing HARD On Track

Jerry on the HP thinks the timing of this vid designed to throw some shade at Mercedes-AMG’s Project One. But I can't say I care. Listen to this baby go. So sick.

Old 10-18-2017, 06:13 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough
They need to change the rules so McLaren, Ferrari, Lambo, etc can race at LeMans in some kind of crazy supercar class. That would be rad. Not that Ferrari would risk losing or anything.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:23 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
I have such a tough time with the X Series. I've been invited to participate, but I don't see why I would. Cool? Definitely. But, as you point out, there's nowhere to race these cars. They're "just" track cars. And, Corse Clienti's track events aren't convenient (mostly being in EUR) or inexpensive.

An FXX owner ran his car at all the events. At the end of the season, the car was timed out and needed a complete going-through. He spent, according to a mutual acquaintance, $8MM in that one season.

So, why would I throw that kind of $ at a vanity series? I can make $8MM go a LONG way in professional racing. That's almost three full seasons of IMSA GTE Pro class. Probably not including Le Mans 24H.

And the notion that SpA wants MY test driver input is . I'm good enough, but I'm not Sebastian Vettel. I'm not even a pro driver. So, it's shameless that SpA would appeal to a wealthy owner on the basis of their skill. But, they do sell these things. And, a few even show up and go around the track from time to time.

I agree: Sounds great. Nothing like the sound of a Ferrari at full song.

CW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.