Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Misc Pictures of My Cars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Lambobully is on a distinguished road
Beautiful collection!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:33 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alzilla300
Awesome collection! How does the Ford GT compare to the 599? Do you ever get the chance to drive your cars all out?
They are both fast, obviously, but the 599 is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned or driven if you take performance, looks, feel, comfort and luxury into consideration.

The GT is almost as fast in straight line speed but -- at least to me -- it feels less planted around corners. And it overheats when you track it. It's a blast to drive, however.

The sound of the supercharger of the GT is sensational when you step on it, and it blasts off. And the sound of the V12 of the 599 is like 100 banshees screaming bloody murder. Both pleasing, but in a different way.

Old 10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
BankBuster23 is on a distinguished road
awesome collection, friend...welcome.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TheCreditMan
They are both fast, obviously, but the 599 is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned or driven if you take performance, looks, feel, comfort and luxury into consideration.

The GT is almost as fast in straight line speed but -- at least to me -- it feels less planted around corners. And it overheats when you track it. It's a blast to drive, however.

The sound of the supercharger of the GT is sensational when you step on it, and it blasts off. And the sound of the V12 of the 599 is like 100 banshees screaming bloody murder. Both pleasing, but in a different way.
Thanks for sharing! You have amazing taste in your automobiles! Enjoy them in good health.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
JasonE30M3 is on a distinguished road
Beautiful collection. Every picture of a 599 makes me like it more and more.

The 430 in black is stunning.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Nice collection of cars you have! You have good tastes!

Old 10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
wow, awesome collection

Old 10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
You poor bastard. I can only imagine that you must have a horrible insurance bill. May be we can take up a collection to help you with your burden.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Tom(Atl) is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am extremely, extremely, fortunate! I never lose sight of that fact!

The black 430 is a six speed and will be replaced by a Nero Daytona F1 430 arriving next week. In turn that will be traded for a 430 Scuderia next summer.

Thanks! I don't drive my cars to work as a general rule but if I had to pick one car to live with it would be the 599GTB Fiorano. It is a car with two personalities -- mean/nasty or subdued -- either of which you can turn on or off instantly. And it's elegantly simple to drive fast even for an average driver like me.

Amazing. How is the f430 f1 compared to 6-speed? I drive a 6-speed 360 modena and love it, and have driven the f430 and 360 in f1, and the f430 had far more advanced (less brutal) F1.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Do you prefer driving the F430 or the 599? Please describe the differences for me!

Which dealer do you go through? (I am assuming lake forest, but would like to find out for sure)

Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
are you in winnetka? i go there and barrington 4x a year.
looking to swoop on a place in the gold coast

Old 10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jaymoney
You poor bastard. I can only imagine that you must have a horrible insurance bill. May be we can take up a collection to help you with your burden.
LOL! Hey man, I'll try to hang in there as long as I can!

Originally Posted by Tom(Atl)
Do you prefer driving the F430 or the 599? Please describe the differences for me!

Which dealer do you go through? (I am assuming lake forest, but would like to find out for sure)
I'm not sure I can articulate very well the differences compared to actually experiencing the two cars. I'll try, however...

The 430 is "in your face" at all times. There's no letting up as it overwhelms your senses, and does it again, and again, and then again. It demands your attention and you're glad to give it your attention.
vs.
The 599 can be in your face or in the background depending on your mood. You can put it in automatic, put on the a/c, roll up the windows, throw in a Sinatra CD, and relax. Or you can put in race mode, step on it, and it accelerates violently, taking your breath away.

The 430 has an edge to it. It's high strung, manic, like one sleep deprived and overdosed to the max on caffeine.
vs.
The 599 is graceful. It's comfortable and has plenty of luggage space for a long trip somewhere. It will make a statement if you ever pulled up to the porte cochere of the Dolder Grand in Zurich, the Hotel De Paris in Monte Carlo or any comparable establishment.

But they're both astonishing automobiles, that much they have in common!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 AM
ej96hatch is on a distinguished road
Nice collection!

Old 10-04-2007, 12:39 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Beautiful collection my friend! Glad to see you appreciate all aspects of a vast variety of cars.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:59 AM
LOL! Hey man, I'll try to hang in there as long as I can!

I'm not sure I can articulate very well the differences compared to actually experiencing the two cars. I'll try, however...

The 430 is "in your face" at all times. There's no letting up as it overwhelms your senses, and does it again, and again, and then again. It demands your attention and you're glad to give it your attention.
vs.
The 599 can be in your face or in the background depending on your mood. You can put it in automatic, put on the a/c, roll up the windows, throw in a Sinatra CD, and relax. Or you can put in race mode, step on it, and it accelerates violently, taking your breath away.

The 430 has an edge to it. It's high strung, manic, like one sleep deprived and overdosed to the max on caffeine.
vs.
The 599 is graceful. It's comfortable and has plenty of luggage space for a long trip somewhere. It will make a statement if you ever pulled up to the porte cochere of the Dolder Grand in Zurich, the Hotel De Paris in Monte Carlo or any comparable establishment.

But they're both astonishing automobiles, that much they have in common!
Thanks for the review, I enjoyed it!

When I was in Monaco last October, I saw some 21 year old locals making a different type of statement in a titanium 599 with local (Monaco) tags - They were drifting through the Grand Hotel Hairpin and laughing like idiots!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Misc Pictures of My Cars