Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Project Garage Condo

Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 AM
LeXIs3o0 is on a distinguished road
I just read through 14 pages and all i have to say is wow!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Read every last word. Thank you for sharing, what an incredible project!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:48 AM
caymanboy has a spectacular aura aboutcaymanboy has a spectacular aura about
Now, I want one of these!!

Old 02-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !Tyler2000S4 Is a GOD !
Chris, I just got caught up on the thread. Wow! I wouldn't have done it any differently. Just perfect! Hopefully we can just shout out directions from your balcony...fly paper airplane parking instructions into the cars...just might work!
See you soon,
Tyler

Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Tyler2000S4
Chris, I just got caught up on the thread. Wow! I wouldn't have done it any differently. Just perfect! Hopefully we can just shout out directions from your balcony...fly paper airplane parking instructions into the cars...just might work!
See you soon,
Tyler
Thanks brother. See you in a few weeks.

We're in a stall re stair treads/railing now, but I'm hoping to get these done soon. Isn't stopping us from moving furniture/stuff in

Last edited by HIRISC; 02-18-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM
1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold1SICKLEX is a splendid one to behold
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 PM
kazakh is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

WOW, that's amazing !!! Great project!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:13 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kazakh
WOW, that's amazing !!! Great project!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing it with the folks over at Club Lexus. I'm glad they are digging it.

Name:  cheers2-1.gif
Views: 2338
Size:  2.7 KB

Old 02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
farrbar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bartdude
i wish we had cars and coffee like this around Chicago!
Supercar Saturdays at the Glen Town Center in Glenview......

Old 02-21-2010, 04:09 AM
zot09 is on a distinguished road
VERY cool thread. I love seeing the progress

Old 02-21-2010, 08:57 PM
sflaten is on a distinguished road
Chris
I'm the guy you met Saturday looking at your area. If you run into any questions during the build feel free to get in contact with me. My car was a MKII and I did all the work from stripping the donor to the body work and paint. Hope I can work out something on a unit. Will have to get my wife out there this weeke and see what she thinks.

Steve Flaten

Old 02-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by sflaten
Chris
I'm the guy you met Saturday looking at your area. If you run into any questions during the build feel free to get in contact with me. My car was a MKII and I did all the work from stripping the donor to the body work and paint. Hope I can work out something on a unit. Will have to get my wife out there this weeke and see what she thinks.

Steve Flaten
Hey Steve,

Good to meet you @ Motorplex.

I will certainly stay in touch with you as project MK4 .

Please LMK if I can give you a closer look around.

Hope to see you across the way.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Micro Update

Things are crawling to a finish after waiting for 6 weeks for the rubber stair treads to arrive.. still waiting on the rubber for the landing.

(Side note: The stair risers/treads/end finishing and the upcoming stainless stair railing will end up being the most expensive portion of the build - could have saved a bundle by just sheetrocking the whole thing in - LOL).

Got the kitchen finished up (no stoves allowed) and as soon as we can get the paint touched up, I can finally get the TV's up and the furniture deployed.

We're in week 16.. My house took less time.

So.....

Name:  MotorplexWeek162.jpg
Views: 2535
Size:  1.84 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek16.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  1.92 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek166.jpg
Views: 2517
Size:  1.96 MB

Name:  MotorplexWeek1612.jpg
Views: 2593
Size:  2.24 MB

Last edited by HIRISC; 02-21-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
sflaten is on a distinguished road
Floor maintenance

Chris,

The black treads look great. One thing you need to be aware of is most of this type of flooring is considered "self waxing" meaning there are wax fibers in the vinyl that works to the surface as there is foot traffic.

Don't use harsh cleaners as it will turn the surface dull and take forever to come back up. Have the installer or supplied give you information on a spray treatment that is like of like the Quick Detailer we use on the cars. This will let you wipe up the surface and give it a good shine.

I installed this at the Mayo Clinic in a high traffic parking ramp, and used this detailer versus the harsh strip and wash, and it looked great for many years. The did start out by using the harsh cleaners, so you can tell where I ended up learning about the proper care.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by sflaten
Chris,

The black treads look great. One thing you need to be aware of is most of this type of flooring is considered "self waxing" meaning there are wax fibers in the vinyl that works to the surface as there is foot traffic.

Don't use harsh cleaners as it will turn the surface dull and take forever to come back up. Have the installer or supplied give you information on a spray treatment that is like of like the Quick Detailer we use on the cars. This will let you wipe up the surface and give it a good shine.

I installed this at the Mayo Clinic in a high traffic parking ramp, and used this detailer versus the harsh strip and wash, and it looked great for many years. The did start out by using the harsh cleaners, so you can tell where I ended up learning about the proper care.
Great advice Steve.

I've had some run-ins with rubber before and have learned that generally a damp cloth will be your best bet.

BTW - welcome to 6speed

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Project Garage Condo