Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Anyone have a car lift?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I think you really need to go with a 4 post. With a two post, it is recommended to have 8 to 10" depth of 4000# concrete. But as stated earlier, if you go with two post, make sure you drill a hole and measure the concrete depth. I have a 12' ceiling and two 911's fit perfectly with my two post Rotary lift that I like very much. Please don't skimp and get lowest cost lift. Most are made in China today and the good installer need to get creative to achieve the lift is level from the factory.

Also as mentioned check your garage doors as I needed to have Liftmaster installed to bottom of garage door had space from roof of my car.

Get a lift company sales guy there and they can help you with specifics. My local Rotary guy was excellent.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:54 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Rotary recommends between 4-5" for their 2 post lifts of concrete thickness. If you don't have it, you can pour a 4'x4'x6"deep pad where the posts will be installed, so that is an option if the floor is not thick enough. Not the end of the world by any means.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
One other item I forgot to mention. I had my garage door rails re-configured into a high-lift position. My garage door guys were able to reuse my existing screw type door opener. They created a basic bracket to attach the opener to the door near the side and mounted the door opener with the motor end straight up in the air on the wall right next to the door. Saved me from having to purchase a new door opener, reprogramming my cars for the new opener and it looks cool to boot.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:49 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Can you post a picture of your opener mounted like you mentioned?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:04 PM
Baby Gorilla is on a distinguished road

Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 AM
997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light997 rolls is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Can you post a picture of your opener mounted like you mentioned?
Here is the motor end of the unit mounted to the wall to the right of the door. The blue post is part of my Rotary lift.

Here is the shot of the opener mounted to the floor, with a bracket on the door that attaches to the opener. The black curved bar is the one that comes with the opener and previously attached to the top/center of the door.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Baby Gorilla
I really like that lift - I was considering it but need the floor space (the feet on that lift would unfortunately be in the way) near the door to go into the house where I have a remaining space to add another lift.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Thanks for the pics. Great idea mounting the garage opener there.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Loving all the information guys. Thank you. I'm also toying with the idea of a garage lift. Will look at my home plan, get the garage ceiling height and then PM some of you for some more info. U guys are awesome.