6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Garage Forum (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/garage-forum-61/)
-   -   The Shop (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/garage-forum/264556-shop.html)

mws444 01-07-2012 09:21 PM

The Shop

5 Attachment(s)
Hi guys! HIRISC posted a link on a thread on another forum which led me here. Thought you might enjoy seeing my place go up. It all started back in late July of '11, and we are now pretty close to being finished.
The building measures 85 x 125 with 16 foot endwalls, and is split into three sections. Two sections are 4,000 sq. feet each with one at 2,000.

mws444 01-07-2012 09:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Continued...
Here you can see the progress overall along with a couple of shots of the center section It is the main area upstairs there is a one bedroom, 1 1/2 bath apartment. Down stairs under the apartment there is an office, soda shop, and wash bay.

mws444 01-07-2012 09:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More progress with the drywall going up and the porcelain tile going down. Mohawk two post lift installed and you can just see the basketball goal in the last pic.

mws444 01-07-2012 10:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here you can see the moduline cabinets and lift all in, the flooring in that area is racedeck. Also some shots of the building in a building. I also included a current shot of the soda shop.
Sorry for the crappy camera phone pictures, I got a new Nikon D7000 for Christmas and hope to be able to figure it out soon.
I will post up some better pictures with it as soon as we get things finished and cleaned up.

mws444 01-07-2012 10:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here is a shot of some of the equipment that will go in the other 4,000 foot parking area. I am also including a picture of the Renegade and stacker trailer. I havent even started to work on this part yet, part of the deal is a new kitchen, bathrooms and an addition onto the house for the Mrs. Like my Father always said "if the wife is'nt happy no one is happy".hilarious
So I will pull the contractors over to the house when we finish the center section here. The plan is to live at the shop during the house remodel.

evil panda 01-07-2012 10:48 PM

This is some project. Congrats in advance. By "shop" do you mean this is a commercial enterprise...or is this just your garage/personal man cave? :O

mws444 01-08-2012 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by evil panda (Post 3419957)
This is some project. Congrats in advance. By "shop" do you mean this is a commercial enterprise...or is this just your garage/personal man cave? :O

Well I am in the food manufacturing business, agriculture as well as a land developer, and it is built onsite adjacent to the main plant. The last section is used as dry storage for packaging materials, we will also use the place for client meetings, and entertaining as well as equipment fabrication. However there is only one set of keys to the place, mine.
I am a avid car nut, love both the 1/4 mile and road racing. I have spent years dreaming of building a place that was clean and comfortable to work on my cars. I also have a 15 year old daughter and a 12 year old son both play basketball and wanted it to be a place they could enjoy as well. I had to devote the last 30 years building my businesses and getting ahead, now I want to enjoy things a little more. I am now pushing 50 and figure it is now or never.
Also plan to use the place for some charity fundraisers, as I love to combine cars and giving back to the community.

My wife and I work together there at the plant and average about 12 hours a day it is also nice to have a place to be able to escape for a little while. Turning a wrench on a car is kinda like thearapy for me.

pat 01-13-2012 07:01 PM

Very nice

Sharp 01-14-2012 07:49 PM

Great looking project, congrats!! Looking forward to seeing more.

pumalex 01-15-2012 05:24 AM

holy!! that place is HUGE, those cabinets are looking tiny...

mws444 01-17-2012 07:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys! The whole building is 10,000 square feet with 18 foot endwalls.
Here are some pics of where we are with the soda shop. Still waiting on the mirrors to be mounted behind the back counter, it will end up being the whole wall from the back splash to the ceiling. The lights over the booths will be in this next week, and the dishwsher to fill the void in the back should be installed later this week. I am also including a picture of the old fashioned glassware we found for the place. There is a restroom in there as well, well at least a MENS ROOM....sorry ladies have to go upstairs.

mws444 01-17-2012 07:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The rest of the Soda Shop pics. I will post up some more pics once we get it wrapped up. We should also finish the upstairs apartment this week. As soon as I can get a wide angle lens for the Nikon D7000 I got for Christmas I will post up some nice shots of it all.

HIRISC 01-18-2012 08:52 AM

Wow.

Very nicely done. I love the malt shop!

I keep threatening to get a tire mount/balance setup.. can't seem to find a competent shop around here.

Nice cabinets! ;)

Great job.. jealous of that much space.

Enjoy it in the best of health.

rivermobster 01-18-2012 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by HIRISC (Post 3429452)
Wow.

Very nicely done. I love the malt shop!

I keep threatening to get a tire mount/balance setup.. can't seem to find a competent shop around here.

Nice cabinets! ;)

Great job.. jealous of that much space.

Enjoy it in the best of health.

Wow. Another unreal garage!

Go with the Hunter machines. Their road force ballencer is cant be beat for ease of use. There are more Fancy tire machines out there, but for ease of use (read: not screwing up your wheels if you make a mistake!) the Hunters cant be beat.

mws444 01-18-2012 07:46 PM

Thanks!
I got a great deal on the Ranger machines as a package. I need a machine that can handle sizes all the way up to 26" for the motorhome and company semis, these units will. It is a tilt back tire machine, makes it a lot easier to get the tires on and off. It also has every feature to protect the high dollar aluminum rims as well as seat the bead on the low profile tires. Ranger is made by Bend Pack.