Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

Cleaning up the garage floor and stain prevention

Old 01-05-2017, 10:33 PM
0to100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cleaning up the garage floor and stain prevention

Hi,

I am gonna buy a cherry red used Porsche turbo. It will take another week till it is serviced and repaired before I bring it my home.

I don't want to keep my new baby in my old garage. I have cleaned up the walls and cabinets. But, the floor is still dirty with stains. I wish to know what I have to use to clean it.

Secondly, I want to know if using the garage floor epoxy coating will prevent from staining again. I got the idea from the nearby parking lot. They are using the epoxy coating.

Please share your thoughts and help.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:27 PM
wbellinz is on a distinguished road
Epoxy peels eventually...

I'd check this product out. I requested and received a sample and the product is great for garage flooring.

http://www.swisstrax.com/gallery/

Old 02-23-2017, 02:13 PM
FJ4FUN is an unknown quantity at this point
If you prep correctly and use quality products an epoxy coated floor will last for years and years. Whether you have it professionally installed or choose to do it yourself it's a very rewarding project. That being said, if you cut corners it will disappoint you.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
I see your in ontario so heres what I just did in my heated shop .
I would rather spend my money on the cars than on overpriced fancy floor coatings that may or may not last . I wanted mainly to stop the dust settling on the cars . My shop is new so the floor wasnt stainted with any oils .
You are going to have to clean the floor real well and use some kind of solvent to get rid of the oil stains .
I bought an oil based concrete paint from Canadian Tire and I thinned it about 40% with paint thinner so it soaks into the concrete . Also has a flat/semi gloss finish so it wont be slippery .
Now my shop wont be exposed to excessive road salt or snow etc so it should hold up a lot better .
I had a couple of estimates to do the fancy epoxy coatings in my shop and they were both in the 8Gs mark ........needless to say I went with my own method .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	471192  

Last edited by Vantagelvr; 03-05-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.