Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy

Old 04-10-2009, 12:05 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
count me in

Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Qirex is on a distinguished road
Im in as well.

is it $120 for each corner?

either way, Im in!

Old 04-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Alpental1 is on a distinguished road
I'm in.

Qirex, it's $120 for the full set-up -- all four tires and the receiver/display unit.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
vincentw is on a distinguished road
Adam,

PM sent. Email me at sales@screameleons.com when you get a chance.

Thanks.

Vince

Old 04-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
I'm interested and would need two sets. I need confirmation that these would fit Kinesis F110's (believe Champion's mfr. made these) and also Volk TE 37's (my track wheels)...

I don't really have time to dig into taking pictures and such so hopefully somebody else has the same wheels and can comment!?

Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
IMPORTANT UPDATE GUYS!!

With the help of "vincentw" we were able to get the group buy online at :

http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/260/Orange-Electronic-TPMS-Retrofit-System-Group-Buy.aspx

WHOEVER IS INTERESTED PLEASE LOG IN THERE AND CLICK "JOIN GROUP BUY". THIS IS GONNA GET US AN ACCURATE COUNT OF COMMITED BUYERS AND THE BEST POSSIBLE PRICE. SINCE ORANGE ELECTRONIC TOOK OVER THE GROUP BUY WE CAN ASK THEM ALL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY FOLLOWING THE LINK.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Where does that receiver that the stems are being shown pictured with go? You have to strap that inside the tire?

Old 04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Where does that receiver that the stems are being shown pictured with go? You have to strap that inside the tire?
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but here is what Nigel at Orange Electronics wrote:

I am not really sure I understand your question, the sensors fit inside the wheel cavity on the end of the valve stems as in the picture. You replace your valve stems with the ones supplied in the kit.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:03 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
That is the question, that thing is pretty big to be hanging off the edge of your valvestem. Is this the same product they use on the race cars? Looks like it could come off easily.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
heavychevy, it's not an issue. Many systems are designed this way. The sensor has an integrated stem and mounts inside the wheel. Wheel movement has no forces at work to separate the sensor from stem. It weighs less than a small wheel weight.

For those of us with more than 1 set of wheels, it would be nice to get more than one set of sensors. Is this an option?

Old 04-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Now that I know for sure is not true because I had the TPMS from my corvette mounted in aftermarket wheels and it always came loose. If this one works better, then great, but it's not to be taken for granted. There are certainly forces inside a wheel that can pull them apart too.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Now that I know for sure is not true because I had the TPMS from my corvette mounted in aftermarket wheels and it always came loose. If this one works better, then great, but it's not to be taken for granted. There are certainly forces inside a wheel that can pull them apart too.
Point taken. But consider that most OEM manufaturers use valve mounted sensors (Honda, Nissan, etc) and if you used the OEM GM sensors with your aftermarket wheels there is a greater chance of problems. These are aftermarket designed and thus have broader fitment specs compared to an OEM unit. We have been told they are compatible with the stock 996TT wheel...hopefully that is the case.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok, I guess for $120 it's worth a shot anyways. Mine would be more for track use anyways which is why the concern with the higher speeds and such. But I wouldn't want to have to drill a hole in an aftermarket set of wheels and then have problems with the sensors if you know what I mean.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 PM
We got 4 committed so far. Just need 6 more!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

I'm in. Called the company because I had a question and it was answered promply and I was offered a refund if the sensors doesn't work in my application (champion rg5 wheels).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy