Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Done, ordered and on it's way... very easy.
Thanks
A

Old 05-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Got mine today. Nice tidy display, quality looking sensors. But sadly they were a bit larger than my rg5 stem holes. I will contact Orange monday and talk to nigel about replacements and send a stem to OE for comparison.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Has anyone installed them on their cars (besides Tony NJ) from this GB?

Edwin

Old 05-11-2009, 08:09 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
They appear to sell two units, this is for the one that displays 4 wheels right? I may be in for two - one for the DD!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:09 AM
bdschet is on a distinguished road
Yep 4 wheel display

Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Has anyone installed them on their cars (besides Tony NJ) from this GB?

Edwin
I just went to have these installed and the installer said they would not fit in the valve opening. My wheels are 18" turbo twists. Maybe Nigel could respond here as to what I might have to do, otherwise I'll call him/them later on.
Allen

Old 05-13-2009, 07:24 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
If there is a band option, use that instead. I have been running a different unit for years. My sensors are attached using bands that wrap around the circumference of the wheel. I also have aftermarket wheels and didn't want to deal with the sensors being compliant with the valve stem openings. The bands are very secure and in my opinion, a better mounting solution than what's being offered here.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Alcav5 - This was my concern all along....

Originally Posted by Alcav5
I just went to have these installed and the installer said they would not fit in the valve opening. My wheels are 18" turbo twists. Maybe Nigel could respond here as to what I might have to do, otherwise I'll call him/them later on.
Allen
I also have 18" turbo twists and discovered to my cost that another brand of tpms would not fit in the valve opening.

So it would appear we need to get some bands to secure them unless there is an alternative valve stem ?

Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by timf
I also have 18" turbo twists and discovered to my cost that another brand of tpms would not fit in the valve opening.

So it would appear we need to get some bands to secure them unless there is an alternative valve stem ?
Orange replied in the Group buy forum for the tpms - seems there is another piece that may facilitate installation/mounting. All should check it out there.
I'm gonna wait till my front tires go before I attempt install again.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Hi
Looking back at the first post

Also, he assured me their system would work with Porsche wheels and if there is indeed any problems with the valve steem, he promissed that they'd make a valvesteem to work with our wheels.

I have a 2002 C2 with the 18" Porsche light weight wheels, has someone installing these on, I place a deposit on the garantee that this will fit, not needing to purchase another stem or adapter.

Last edited by scubadawg; 05-13-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Not wishing to rock the boat...

or upset anyone for setting this group buy up....

But it seems to me that we were told they would fit and if they didn't a valve stem fix would be provided.

Turns out they don't fit and thus a fix is required.
Personally I'd prefer a valve stem which fits correctly and I'd be prepared to pay a small surcharge - rather use a band solution costing $$$.

If a proper valve stem is not forthcoming I'm tempted to cancel

Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 PM
gtfour43 is on a distinguished road
Hmm I hope this gets resolved soon. I'd like to try one out on the P and maybe my Evo. OE whats the verdict?

Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone that received their kits, Will this fit on an OEM 18" lightweight NB rim? Mine is the 2002 style wheel. I want to confirm fitment before making last payment. I don't want to go through and purchase and return since I am in Canada.

I email Nigel yesterday and this is the reply I got.

My sincere apologies if anyone thinks that we intentionally misled you, to the best of our knowledge our valve stem would worked with your wheels we have sold this kit to many Porsche owners previously with no issues, however if for some reason they will not work with your specific wheel design you are more than welcome to return the kits for a full refund however they must be in the original packaging.

Also anyone who has paid a deposit that no longer wishes to continue with the group buy purchase please email me and we will also refund your deposit.

I have been awaiting to hear the exact details as to why the valve will not fit the Turbo Twist wheels however so far I haven't received any specific information from anyone, so its impossible for me to give a definitive solution. I understand your frustration and we will work with you all to find a resolution

Nigel @ Orange USA

Old 05-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Windforce is on a distinguished road
I know i am late for this group buy, but i am thinking to get one and i have a question, will this kit fit 18" sport techno wheel?

thanks

Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 AM
bdschet is on a distinguished road
I received my kit but haven't installed yet. Waiting for new tires. Will keep everyone posted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy