Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy

this group buy has moderator approval from VSE Chuck

I talked to Nigel from Orange Electronic USA and was able to get some phenomenal pricing on their TPMS kit for us 6speeders.

http://www.orange-electronic.com/

http://www.orange-electronic.com/eng...uct/sub01.html

He also stated that he'd establish a login and password for 6speeders to log into on his site to place the orders to get our special pricing, we are buying directly from the manufacturer.

The first tier starts at 10 so in order for us to start ordering we need at least 10 commited buyers. I cannot post the logins in the forums as the pricing is well below what the retailers are selling these kits for, but I'll PM them to you once we have a group of buyers.

So far the quote is

10-49 = $120

50-99 = $110

100+ = Would be close to wholesale as we are buying direct from the factory.

Also, he assured me their system would work with Porsche wheels and if there is indeed any problems with the valve steem, he promissed that they'd make a valvesteem to work with our wheels.

4-13-2009 IMPORTANT UPDATE GUYS!!

With the help of "vincentw" we were able to get the group buy online at :

http://www.gotogroupbuy.com/260/Orange-Electronic-TPMS-Retrofit-System-Group-Buy.aspx

WHOEVER IS INTERESTED PLEASE LOG IN THERE AND CLICK "JOIN GROUP BUY". THIS IS GONNA GET US AN ACCURATE COUNT OF COMMITED BUYERS AND THE BEST POSSIBLE PRICE. SINCE ORANGE ELECTRONIC TOOK OVER THE GROUP BUY WE CAN ASK THEM ALL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY FOLLOWING THE LINK.

Last edited by adam699; 04-13-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of996Choy has much to be proud of
Count me in

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I'm interested.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
count me in as well....

sounds like a good deal.

I assume you've double checked they'll fit hollow turbo twists ?

I only mention this from bitter experience - I ordered a system which was claimed to fit, had a tire removed ready to install only to find the sensor valve stem was too wide to fit the hole in the rim :-(

Last edited by timf; 04-08-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM
JonnyTTSB is on a distinguished road
I'm in!!!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timf
sounds like a good deal.

I assume you've double checked they'll fit hollow turbo twists ?

I only mention this from bitter experience - I ordered a system which was claimed to fit, had a tire removed ready to install only to find the sensor valve stem was too wide to fit the hole in the rim :-(
I was assured by their representative that it will work, and that if we do indeed run into problems they would supply us with valvesteems that would work as they are the manufacturer and hold several patents for different valvesteems.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Slow4s has a spectacular aura aboutSlow4s has a spectacular aura about
In!!

Old 04-08-2009, 10:01 PM
timf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud oftimf has much to be proud of
Great - sounds like this could be the solution many of us have been waiting for. Will more than pay for itself if it saves just one tire :-)

Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
What's the process for installation? Take the car to a tire shop and they will know what to do? How much does the install typically cost?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha
What's the process for installation? Take the car to a tire shop and they will know what to do? How much does the install typically cost?

I don't expect this to cost more than tire installation, in a way the process is the same as changing valve steams. I've asked NJTony to chime in as he had this setup installed and even hardwired the display, which standard plugs into a cigarette lighter.

See this thread for pictures:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sted-tpms.html

Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 AM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Count me in for one

Old 04-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
I'm in

Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
In....

Old 04-09-2009, 07:13 AM
TonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of lightTonyNJ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by adam699
I don't expect this to cost more than tire installation, in a way the process is the same as changing valve steams. I've asked NJTony to chime in as he had this setup installed and even hardwired the display, which standard plugs into a cigarette lighter.

See this thread for pictures:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...sted-tpms.html

Hey Adam, I spoke to Paul from Protosport this morning and you are correct on install pricing. This is the same thing as doing a tire install and balance if you decide to just hook up to the cigarette lighter. My custom install ran me $300.00 with the hardwiring and placement of the display flush in my center console. I can't stress how important these sensors are and the comfort of starting up your car and instantly knowing your tire pressure and temps. This would be my first mod on any vehicle not equipped from factory. If you need further info you can contact Paul @ Protosport 973-839-5353 and he can explain more.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I'm in. Please email me when things are finalized so I can pay, as I probably won't come by thread too much. Thanks for doing the leg work. (I threw you some rep points)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Orange Electronic TPMS Retrofit System Group Buy