Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Custom "PORSCHE" badge, who's in??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:17 PM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Just PM'd you all the info you wanted. Thanks again for doing this special batch for us 6-speeders!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Hey all, sorry i'm crazy busy at the office. I received all address' and will calculate shipping.

BUT i am taking off tomorrow for a trade show down south and will only be back on the weekend.

ALL BADGES SHOULD SHIP NEXT WEEK.

Once again i apologize for the delays but this isn't the sort of thing we do so it gets put on the back burner while we work on actual production jobs...

Old 07-23-2009, 01:25 AM
lydboj is on a distinguished road
Any chance sticky4 that you can take up new orders for these and make another batch? Seems like they are very popular!

Old 07-23-2009, 07:01 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lydboj
Any chance sticky4 that you can take up new orders for these and make another batch? Seems like they are very popular!
I think he can make a nice little side business out of this. LOL. Currently, I don't know of any other supplier who provides the PORSCHE lettering as an emblem like that. There are those who sell the old lettering that goes on the 356 models, but they have pegs in them that are supposed to go thru the trunklids.

Porsche's going back to that lettering on the rear trunklid of their Panamera sedan, so I think some dealers will start to offer the badges, but until then, these things sticky4 is supplying are rare!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
FirstPorsche is on a distinguished road
I'd love to have 2 sets in silver if there might be some more available? They look great!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 AM
mark911997sC is on a distinguished road
Payment Sent, Can't wait. With the amounts did you mean in $USD or $CAD? I just went ahead and sent $USD.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Originally Posted by mark911997sC
Payment Sent, Can't wait. With the amounts did you mean in $USD or $CAD? I just went ahead and sent $USD.
Yes, please confirm if US or CAD $, and I'll send payment. Thanks again for doing these for us.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Wow, that's some SPEEDY SHIPPING!!! Got em today, they look AWESOME!!! I might touch up the paint a bit where they were banged around in shipping. Or maybe I can't wait, and I'm gonna put em on tonight!!!

Thanks Daniel.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 AM
longislander1 is on a distinguished road
Can anyone share a photo of their installed letters? For some reason, I can't see the original photos, even after logging in. And, are you still selling them? (I'd send you a PM, but I don't post enough on here to do so.) If they look the way I think they do, I'd be interested in a silver set if you're still making them. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:37 AM
sticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura aboutsticky4 has a spectacular aura about
Hey Guys, I still have a few black ones. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 AM
FirstPorsche is on a distinguished road
I'll take one set in black please, just let me know what I need to do. Many thanks.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by sticky4
Hey Guys, I still have a few black ones. Let me know if anyone is interested.
For the benefit of others who order, you might want to consider individually wrapping each letter in tissue or something when you insert them in the plastic bag, prior to packing it in the UPS envelope. When mine arrived, several of the letters had paint that chipped off when they banged around during shipping.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:44 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by boxtaboy
For the benefit of others who order, you might want to consider individually wrapping each letter in tissue or something when you insert them in the plastic bag, prior to packing it in the UPS envelope. When mine arrived, several of the letters had paint that chipped off when they banged around during shipping.
+1 especially considering I paid 25$ in shipping. Thought it would arrive with zero damages. I will have to touch some up and put them on sometimes this week.

kind regards,
RJ

Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
+1 especially considering I paid 25$ in shipping. Thought it would arrive with zero damages. I will have to touch some up and put them on sometimes this week.

kind regards,
RJ
Not only that, ideally, the tape used to attach the letters should not be the thin kind that he installed, but instead, the 3M double sided emblem tape (which is a double sided foam tape...same kind as used on the OEM badges). Reason is that if you look at the underside of the letters, they have sharp/crude edges that would scratch the paint on the trunklid when pressure is put on it. The double sided foam tape will prevent trunklid damage.

I'll need to touch up the paint that was damaged during shipping, and also remove the old tape and reinstall with the foam tape. Still nice of him to produce the set as a one off for us, but the packaging during shipping could've been better.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
Guys, let's not forget what we paid for these, and let us also not forget what sticky told us in his FIRST post: "They look great but are not perfect, there may be slight defects, but only you will notice."

Now admittedly, I'm not putting these on my car, just on my garage lift, but he did state his anticipated status for these up front.

I wasn't expecting "chromed out" OEM quality, and I'm pleased with what I've received. Even though mine's going on my lift, I'm still going to touch them up a bit, but I still feel that I got good value for my $.

Having said all that, I don't think it would have taken much effort to wrap the letters individually so that they didn't arrive with dents/chips. Or to utilize a higher quality 3M tape for the cars finish.

That is all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Custom "PORSCHE" badge, who's in??