Don't miss: Black Friday Sale at CARiD! - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > The Marketplace > Group Buys
Reload this Page >

Don't miss: Black Friday Sale at CARiD!

Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

Old 11-27-2015, 06:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
carid will become famous soon enough

We know that you have a couple of things in a wish list for your favorite car or truck!
Don't wait any longer, as it's the right time to order them as long as the prices are that low and the products are still good in stock!

Automotive accessories, performance and repair parts, specialty gear and equipment are waiting for you at CARiD.

SHOP NOW: http://www.carid.com/

Attached Images  
Old 11-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Greg2010 has a spectacular aura aboutGreg2010 has a spectacular aura about
Buyer beware! Worst experience ever.

Attachment 433780

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo202.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	433779  
Old 11-30-2015, 02:01 AM
Premium Sponsor
Yes we are familiar with the reviews on that resource, but they may not reflect the real information, as the score they show is very much different from what you can find on similar sites with reviews.

For example ResellerRating shows 7.98 score: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CARiD_com

Old 11-30-2015, 05:23 PM
paycer will become famous soon enough
I ordered a CoverKing car cover on Black Friday through these guys and I'll report back on my experience.

Old 12-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks paycer, we appreciate your business!

Old 12-01-2015, 03:11 PM
My report is not so good.

I ordered new wheels and OEM winter tires from CarID (Perrelli Sotto Zero's). After 2 months of CarID delivering missing/wrong parts and then delivering 3-5 year old aged tires (Porsche states to not use tires less than 6 years old)....I began to further research CarID and wondered if all the negative ratings were true (especially since they sounded so similar to what I too was experiencing).

After several call and emails, CarID refused to deliver fresh tires (even though literature from a tire expert on their website states to not accept "new" tires that are manufactured over 1 year)!

The good news is that VISA is disputing the charges and returned my money.

In the meantime, Tire Rack delivered fresh Perrelli Sotto Zero tires in 3 days (that were manufactured a few months ago versus the tires that CarID delivered that are near end of life). What a totally different customer experience!

This is just one of the 500+ other negative reviews about CarID. Buyer Beware!!!!!

Last edited by Greg2010; 12-01-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:45 AM
paycer will become famous soon enough
I said I'd report back and so now I am. All in all, I am satisfied with CarID experience. I was kept in the loop via email that my order was being delayed because Covercraft was swamped with holiday orders and since mine was custom, it was going to be delayed a bit.

That said, the order did almost take an entire month to get, but it arrived two days before Christmas so I was able to stick to my plan and wrap it up so my kids could give it to me for Christmas !

The price was competitive with AutoAnything (usually the cheapest online source) so I'd likely give CarID another shot in the future as I doubt it was their fault the order took so long.

Merry Christmas 6 Speeders!

Old 12-26-2015, 06:40 PM
6Speeders,

I have a set of 6-year old "aged tires" that CarID sent me if anyone is interested . I ordered "new tires", but apparently CarID thinks these are just as good! If these are too old, I have another pair that CarID sent to me that are only 3.5 years old (lol)!

Alternatively, perhaps we could arrange a "group buy" from CariID where we could put them to better use!!!

Name:  photo841.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  127.7 KB

Happy holidays!

Last edited by Greg2010; 12-26-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 01:13 PM
RugRunner is on a distinguished road
Do these people not understand that, thanks to social media and instant communication, today's buyer is better informed/educated then the buyer of any previous time in history?

Old 12-28-2015, 03:26 AM
Premium Sponsor
Thanks for your feedback guys! Holiday season is always busy, due to a great amount of orders, and sometimes the manufacturers of custom parts like car covers, seat covers, floor mats and other products can barely keep up with the schedule. That's why sometimes it takes a little longer to get such products.

I am your personal representative of CARiD on the forum, so in case any questions appear - feel free to contact me directly, I will be glad to assist and make sure your orders are processed smooth.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:50 AM
Classic!! I read the response from the CarID rep above and my jaw is still on the ground!

I actually PM'd the CarID rep on this forum many months ago...and several emails/calls/months later...CarID is still unable (unwilling) to rectify their own mistakes...which is why VISA stepped in and refunded my order.

BTW, I still receive random calls and emails from CarID, more recently claiming that VISA determine that I am responsible for keeping the "aged tires" (which is completely untrue)...so now VISA has become just as appalled with CarID as I am.

Unfortunately, my experience with CarID, including the people back in New Jersey (CarIDs HQ) and those that they put in charge of being responsible for "dealing with customers" are not very reasonable or experienced at helping to correct their own mistakes (they simply state that they are not authorized to approve returns-- mind you, this is for returning 3-6 year old "aged tires" and asking for CarID to send me return shipping labels after being sent the wrong merchandise)!!'

Over the past 3-4 months...it took me hours on the phone to get through to the "right person", and when I left voicemails/emails, it often took them weeks to get back in touch...and when they did, they often never even responded to what was requested in the first place).

And if this isn't enough, it turns out that CarIDs own "tire expert" has published an article on their own website regarding "aged tires", which states that customers should never accept tires from merchants that are "aged" beyond 1 year. So when I pointed this out to CarID, the supervisor was unaware and perplexed...and then said that he really could not respond (quite an understatement)!!!'

Let me put it this way, it's impossible to deal with someone who is being unreasonable! Save yourself from receiving a lot of frustration and aggregation by going somewhere else.

Last edited by Greg2010; 12-28-2015 at 10:38 AM.