GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

TECHART 60mm LIFT KIT for 997 Coilover Suspensions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Banned
TECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud of
TECHART 60mm LIFT KIT for 997 Coilover Suspensions

TECHART Noselift system will be ready to ship by the end of this month.
This system uses a button in the cabin to lift the front end for driveways, ramps, speedbumps, etc.

It attaches to factory coilovers (GT3 or GT2), TECHART coilovers or Bilstein PSS9/10 coilovers. It will not work with stock non-coilover suspension

Here are some the of the features

1) Works with Porsche PASM active suspension
2) Works with an integrated OE-look console switch
3) Works up to 40 mph
4) Has the highest amount of lift at 60mm (almost 2.5 inches)
5) Hydraulic system is quiet and fast
6 sec to full lift.
6) Available in a package with TechArt Coilovers
7) 4 year/50,000 mile warranty

PM me with any questions, pricing or availability.

Attached Images    

Last edited by TECHART@CEC; 04-22-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:14 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
So the main difference between the Cargraphic lift system and the Techart lift system is the fact that the Techart system is mechanical? They both lift at about the same rate and same height?

Thanks!

Matt

Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 AM
cheez80 is on a distinguished road
is this similar to the roberuta cup setup?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:27 PM
ir_fuel is on a distinguished road
Any idea if it will fit the GT3mk2? (I know they have a factory option, but it isnt avail until september). What will the cost be of this kit in Europe?

Old 04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
So the main difference between the Cargraphic lift system and the Techart lift system is the fact that the Techart system is mechanical? They both lift at about the same rate and same height?

Thanks!

Matt
Both are hydraulic.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ir_fuel
Both are hydraulic.
Are you sure? They look pneumatic.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by Smindustries
Where can you see that?

"Hydraulic system is quiet" it states.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Ok, never mind. Got my terminology all mixed up here. Was thinking about a mechanical one ...

Old 04-22-2009, 05:22 PM
G997 is on a distinguished road
6 seconds to full lift is fast???

6 seconds is an eternity!!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:32 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, never mind. Got my terminology all mixed up here. Was thinking about a mechanical one ...
I was told when I visited CEC that it is a mechanical system. So I'm assuming a mechanical control of a hydraulic system?

The Cargraphic lift system is run off of the tire compressor for the flat tire system we have.

Need clarification please.

Last edited by ///MJFDDS; 04-22-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Smind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud ofSmind has much to be proud of
My apologies. My comment was ambiguous. I meant that the Cargraphic system was pneumatic as seen here:

Name:  PO1787c.jpg
Views: 2227
Size:  76.0 KB

Whereas the TechArt system is clearly hydraulic:

From the looks of the kit, fluid is pumped into the shocks, extending their travel. I see lots of points of failure for this system and I would rather spend far less and use an easily replaceable airbag that's separate from the shock. If the hydraulic system leaks, you're screwed. If the air system leaks, your car functions normally without the benefit of lifting the front end.

The safe bet is to not add even a remote possibility of shock losing its lifeblood.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:37 PM

From the looks of the kit, fluid is pumped into the shocks, extending their travel. I see lots of points of failure for this system and I would rather spend far less and use an easily replaceable airbag that's separate from the shock. If the hydraulic system leaks, you're screwed. If the air system leaks, your car functions normally without the benefit of lifting the front end.

The safe bet is to not add even a remote possibility of shock losing its lifeblood.

True, plus you have to install the hydraulic pumps somewhere. Whereas, the Cargraphic system uses the cars compressor located in the trunk.

Install of the cargraphic system looks much simpler.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Conclusion, the Techart system will costs heaps more I guess (and it requires new shocks too)

Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 AM
I wonder how the OEM Porsche system will work.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Banned
TECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud ofTECHART@CEC has much to be proud of
Here are some of the advantages of the TechArt System.

1) Works with Porsche PASM active suspension (K&W system does not)
2) Works with an integrated OE-look console switch vs. a key fob remote
3) Works up to 40 mph vs. 35 mph
4) Has the highest amount of lift at 60mm vs. competitor's 45mm to 55mm
5) Hydraulic system is quiet and fast
(6 sec vs. 43 sec) vs. compressed air system that is noisy, hot and slow
6) 4 year/50,000 mile warranty vs. no warranty disclosed yet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TECHART 60mm LIFT KIT for 997 Coilover Suspensions