GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sport button seperate from Sport Chrono Package for new gt3!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
HBspeed is on a distinguished road
Sport button seperate from Sport Chrono Package for new gt3!

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet or not but I just got off the phone with my guy at the dealership who after my request regarding the Sport Chrono option some weeks back got back to me to let me know that the sport button will be standard on all cars enabling the mid-range torque boost as opposed to last time where only sport chrono equipped cars had the sport button and the torque boost. I am excited because I am not a fan of the dash chronometer look but still wanted full performance!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:45 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
lol. i have the sport chrono and as much as i'd like to think my gt3 is faster than non-sport chrono gt3s, it isn't. power outputs are the same. the sport chrono has nothing to do with the sport button on the gt3. it's a nice decoration though imo. sport button is standard.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:15 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HBspeed
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge yet or not but I just got off the phone with my guy at the dealership who after my request regarding the Sport Chrono option some weeks back got back to me to let me know that the sport button will be standard on all cars enabling the mid-range torque boost as opposed to last time where only sport chrono equipped cars had the sport button and the torque boost. I am excited because I am not a fan of the dash chronometer look but still wanted full performance!
Sport Chrono is already standard on the 997.1 and 997.2 gt3s. It also has nothing to do with a power bump. (there is no power bump with sport chrono unless equipped on a 997 turbo.) You and/or your dealer have it confused with the turbo. If your dealer is CONFUSED about this he should be selling used Hyundais.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Teddy is on a distinguished road
The Sport button is standard on 997 GT3. It remaps for a boost in torque in the midrange ( I think a 14 ft lb boost). It does not effect maximum power output. It also opens the exhaust valves.
The Sport Chrono option is just a timing device that is tied into the cars on board computer.
I don't like the look of the egg on the dash with sport chrono...and was lucky to find a car with out it!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Runin2Rich is on a distinguished road
no need for that hump on the dash. I personally do not like how it looks.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !Bruce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HBspeed
The Sport button has always been standard on the 997 GT3. Your dealer is confusing the GT3 with other models.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
HBspeed is on a distinguished road
Okay now I understand. I was under the impression the sport button on the mkI was part of the sport chrono package as apparently my dealer was also. As of now my experience with gt3's is only with the 996 but that will change soon thankfully

Old 06-24-2009, 04:27 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Teddy
The Sport button is standard on 997 GT3. It remaps for a boost in torque in the midrange ( I think a 14 ft lb boost). It does not effect maximum power output. It also opens the exhaust valves.
The Sport Chrono option is just a timing device that is tied into the cars on board computer.
I don't like the look of the egg on the dash with sport chrono...and was lucky to find a car with out it!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that the sport button on a gt3 adds any power anywhere. It does remap the throttle settings making the gas pedal more front loaded, however, full throttle remains the same.

It does open the exhaust valves.