GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My new ’05 Carrera GT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 03:04 PM
TimF40 is on a distinguished road
My new ’05 Carrera GT!

Well, I went and pulled the trigger on a 2005 Carrera GT! Basalt (metallic) black/black.

I want to thank Roy and Kevin at Cats Exotics for walking me through every step of the purchase. Especially Kevin. It took a couple twists and turns as we negotiated price with the seller and put it through the PPI to separate fact from fiction. Kevin said all the right things, listened carefully, and advised as needed. Very cool.

In the end, great car, 7100 miles, incredibly clean.

Only took it on a short drive around the neighborhood to make sure everything was good with it. OMG, what a car! Nothing like my Ferraris. Nothing.

And, as other people have noted, there’s no stability control and almost no traction control (that I can detect). That combined with over 600hp makes life a little interesting. I rolled on the throttle in second only to about 4.5k rpms and the back end broke loose and started to come around. Took it in so I could change underwear.

I am definitely taking it out to a large, empty, parking lot someplace to get a feel for this thing. Tremendous (for me) power and no nannies can make for a very short ownership.

I’m also getting all new tires. Maybe they got a little hard since new. Whatever the case, the car broke loose way too easily. It seems to want to swap ends more than any other car I’ve driven. My F40 seems a lot more stable when on the boost and the tires scratching for grip.

With the little I experienced, it really seems as though one (me) should not venture much above 5-7/10ths on the country roads. It just seems frightfully fast.

Even though I drive an F40, it looks like I’ve gotten use to the electronic nannies in my F430 Spider. When in sport mode, you couldn’t do much that would upset the thing. That’s one thing that made it a lot of fun, and also not as engaging as I would like. I’m definitely “engaged” with my CGT! It seems to do what I want and when, even if I didn’t desire the full outcome.

I now have two cars, F40 and CGT, that I have to treat with incredible respect lest they bite me – hard.

Some sample pictures below. More to come.

Tim

Attached Images      
Old 11-28-2009, 03:09 PM
TimF40 is on a distinguished road
Hmmm, I must have missed the button which shows the full pictures in the thread instead of just the thumbnails...

One more picture.

Tim

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2009, 03:12 PM
jimxyz is on a distinguished road
Talk about a tough decision... Which one to drive on Saturday morning?
Congrats - looks awesome

Old 11-28-2009, 03:20 PM
mr phil is on a distinguished road
beautiful addition! enjoy in good health!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
Living the dream, you lucky dog.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:03 PM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Big congrats Tim, enjoy man in the best of health and spirits!!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Tim. How about a shot of the CGT and F40 in that driveway!!!

Oh and whats the interior of hte CGT???

Old 11-28-2009, 04:19 PM
fastz33 is on a distinguished road
wow beautiful!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 PM
bw2366 is on a distinguished road
Incredible!

Old 11-28-2009, 05:15 PM
RaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud ofRaphaelP has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Dude...

Old 11-28-2009, 05:37 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Too nice. Good for you and may you enjoy the ride and always travel with some spare boxers.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
your driveway is beautiful!! I am thinking it is time for a CGT sandwich between two ferraris!

Trev

Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
ETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant futureETW 360 has a brilliant future
Congrats! Was it tough getting used to the clutch?

Old 11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
turbo turbo is on a distinguished road
enjoy..........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new ’05 Carrera GT!