GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Insane custom-fab exhaust by BBI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
As far as the dyno, I dont have any good just Back to backs, they were on diffrent days, ecu tunes... I need to get Laguna and his car back over here to do the stock vs the BBI system on the same day on the same dyno.

Soon to come.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:09 PM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
not at all. as we have discussed in the past, I need to get back down there for that exhaust. ed.

Originally Posted by Betim@BBIAutosport
Thanks for the kind words Ed997TT. Hope the vid wasn't to corny

Old 10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Final Dyno Run

This is all I have. It's a Dyno run of the the final Tune vs. the prior version of same tune before tweaks that day. Obviously, it does not compare to stock. Max HP is 432 (@ 8300 RPM) with max torque of 311 lb/ft (@ 6700 RPM). Dyno was a Dynapak.

Attached Files
Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Here's...

..an embedded jpeg for those that don't want to download the pdf from my prior post. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Dynapack, is that the dyno system attached to the hubs with wheels off?
Some big numbers.
Congrats

Ranger

Old 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Those are some good #s! Mazel!

How does a dynapack read in comparison to a dynojet?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Ranger, as you stated, it bolts directly to the hubs, eliminating variable of wheels/friction/inertia vs. Dynojet/Mustang Dynos.

DD-GT3-RD, I don't think one can compare these #'s to another car's #'s on a different type of dyno. I asked Joey @ BBI and he said on a Dynojet or Mustang, it would be about about 411 or so max HP. Again, that is a guestimate. I can tell you, my car had a Cargraphic Stage-6 (a very well respected system) with a custom REVO tune and with the BBI system and tune, it's noticeably faster, particularly above 6K rpm. I am very happy with it. It's less than 30lbs, sounds insane and gives the car power in-line with a .2 RS. What else could I have asked for?

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 10-06-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude

DD-GT3-RD, I don't think one can compare these #'s to another car's #'s on a different type of dyno.

I am very happy with it. It's less than 30lbs, sounds insane and gives the car power in-line with a .2 RS. What else could I have asked for?
I agree...was trying to get some ideas thou. Like what #s does a stock one dyno on a dynapack? Then we could get an idea of what kind of gain you have made. Doesnt need to be exact...was looking for a ball park figure.

And you couldnt have asked for anything else! 30lbs exhaust, more power, and an amazing sound!

Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
I agree...was trying to get some ideas thou. Like what #s does a stock one dyno on a dynapack? Then we could get an idea of what kind of gain you have made. Doesnt need to be exact...was looking for a ball park figure.

And you couldnt have asked for anything else! 30lbs exhaust, more power, and an amazing sound!
Thank you!

Here's a comp (scroll down to bottom):
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...at-laguna.html

Max HP was 362.9hp vs. mine at 432.2 hp. That's a 19% improvement vs. stock w/SWs center-bypass. Max Torque was 273.4 vs. mine with 311.5. That's a 14% improvement. I am not sure what sort of gain the SW bypass gives over stock. If it does add power, the differences from pure 100% stock would be slightly greater vs. the comparison above.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 AM
breakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these partsbreakfast is infamous around these parts
sharkwerks is win

Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by breakfast
sharkwerks is win
What???

Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 AM
362.9hp vs. 432.2 hp. WOWZA! thats 70WHP!!!!!!! i dont know if they have different settings, or use correction factors, even with different weather...no question you must have gained!!

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 10-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Now I'm kind of dumb and uneducated but the math suggest a 70 rwhp gain with the system.
That is staggerring and industry earth shaking.
I would say lets put the dyno #'s aside and would be nice to see straight runs against a stock 997.2 GT3 and a .2 RS. A good real world evaluation of pull and grunt. Except for knowing how to shift it wouldn't require much driving skills to kkep it basic.

If this is factual (and I hope it is) they wouldn't be able to make these systems fast enough.
Congrats again. btw I wished and would like to see dyno'ing done with the decklid closed. Maybe it's just me.

Ranger

Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
60-130 run would be really nice...

Stock 997.1 GT3 ran 10.8, 60-130mph
997.2 GT2 with only a sharkwerks by-pass ran 9.6, 60-130mph

So a 997.1 GT3 with BBI custom exhaust/tune, etc will run ?? 60-130mph...

That would be great to compare...

Old 10-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by GT1
60-130 run would be really nice...

Stock 997.1 GT3 ran 10.8, 60-130mph
997.2 GT2 with only a sharkwerks by-pass ran 9.6, 60-130mph

So a 997.1 GT3 with BBI custom exhaust/tune, etc will run ?? 60-130mph...

That would be great to compare...
+1.

obviously no exhaust will give 70whp...2 diff dynos...but must of gained for sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Insane custom-fab exhaust by BBI