GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

what exhaust 2 buy....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
maroli will become famous soon enoughmaroli will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jiaim
if i were searching a muffler pipe replacement, i'd go with the RSS which is the only one which merges the sounds of the 6 cylinders before exit and won't sound 3+3... if someone understand what i mean.

edit: GMG's too
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. But they can't be fitted onto aftermarket exhausts, right? So you either get the sound with the RSS or the power/weight savings with the others

Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Vincent@CEC has a spectacular aura aboutVincent@CEC has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Europipe is the way to go! They're straight to business when i comes to exhaust.

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
europipe race for $600

good vid too see how loud from a distance you can hear, especially the downshift at the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf0bu1L5VLE

need to fast forward a bit on this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD7k7Kttce4
If you want something that performs nice, sounds aggressive and looks pretty...Akrapovic's good too!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:52 PM
TheVenom is on a distinguished road
What about the sharkwerks track? sounds badass. check out the video from rss. akrapovic sounds crazy too

Old 02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
CG Kit 6 sound clip on 3.6 RS

MchctsV,

Here is another sound clip on a 3.6-RS with CG Kit 6, it may give you a better appreciation of the sound level under load...myGT3RS is defiantly not understating the "monster of sound" analogy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0qt65KZfQY

Originally Posted by myGT3RS
If money no object, Cargraphic Stage 6 Lightweight.

Must be heard to be appreciated.

An ABSOLUTE MONSTER of a sound.

NOTHING comes close with its 70mm valves wide open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOTFoOGmtk

Old 02-01-2011, 04:51 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
i cant say that i have experience with many of the exhaust companies discussed here, but based purely on customer service alone, i would recommend sharkwerks. they WILL make sure you are happy with your decision. cant say that about every company these days.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
myGT3RS will become famous soon enough
Mike,

The Video of the 3.6 Pumkin you posted has better audio than the one I posted.

The true sound of the CARGRAPHIC exhaust is way understated IMO.

I've heard many exhausts on the GT3, including all the amazing products made by the great Alex (Sharkworks).

But the Volcanic Bursts of the Kit 6 "lightweight" on the 3.8 is something to be heard. It literally blows you away, since everything from headers to 200cell cat is changed, with NO mufflers anywhere.

Now take into account that extra 200cc displacement of the 3.8 engine as opposed to the 3.6 on the angry pumpkin. It really does make that much more of a difference.

Cant wait to hear it on the 4.0. Lets hope its hear sooner than later.

Simon

Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by myGT3RS
I've heard many exhausts on the GT3, including all the amazing products made by the great Alex (Sharkworks).

Simon
You sir have not heard everything but that's perfectly okay. Stay in your comfort zone.
M&M is POS company that knows nothing about building exhausts systems. They've never built exhaust systems for any pro teams.
Everyone is right, they're a POS.
I say uncle.
Guys please do not think out of the box.

Ranger

Last edited by GT3Ranger; 02-01-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Maybe a hand build no compromise BBI StreetCup system?? Stage 1 or 2

Here is a video of our Streetcup stage 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqQPK7eYGv8

Here is a video of our Streetcup stage 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiQfO...eature=related

And a more detailed video of the thought and processes of the Stage2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23tkZ21nxng

Old 02-01-2011, 06:30 PM
mod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura aboutmod mike has a spectacular aura about
i just put a BBi on my car Saturday. i have had two others and they didn't sound like this.. this is well $ spent... the last exhaust i'll buy...

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I liked how the Europipe sounded in the clip.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
I have BBI on mine and couldn't be happier. Betim and Joey are very professional. The exhaust really open up the car. Great sound. Thanks guys.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
rja
rja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of lightrja is a glorious beacon of light
That Cargraphic system sounds sic. Love it. I'm going w/ Akra Evo (non-Race). I was tempted to go race version because less weight, less money, and more power, so win, win, win, right? But I'm concerned about sound limit restrictions tightening up and don't want travel all the way to CA for a lapday only to get meatballed.

I sent e-mail to Kitch who runs the school up in my area regarding sound and here's what I got back:
Noise limits are getting tighter across the nation. While we all love the sound produced, it is getting very difficult to find tracks that will accept cars over 101dbs to 103dbs. Monday and Tuesday events at ProFormance are for street legal fully muffled cars that produce very little sound. Monthly we will have one or two Wednesday/Thursday events that will allow slightly more tolerance. So,I would be careful in your selection. Hope that helps.
Here's a truely outstanding post for anybody interested in an Akra.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-nip-tuck.html

I found this and the next two links to be invaluable in terms of helping me to make an informed decision, backed up by real data (hp, tq, and db readings, for multiple configs). He also has installation instructions! Definitely not your average useless exhaust video!

http://youtu.be/srio39l-m8U

http://youtu.be/ba65ui4iDYo

Major kudos to Mikymu. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the award for the best post ever. Akrapovic should give him a major discount on his next system. I wouldn't have been able to justify the cost unless I could be sure about what I was getting and this did it for me.

-Roland.

Last edited by rja; 11-10-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: fixed links
Old 11-10-2011, 06:27 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
I have a full GMG exhaust with headers and no cats on my GT2. I am VERY happy with it. It sounds serious, but doesn't blow your ears out either like straight pipes. It saves weight, adds power and is good for street or track.

Last edited by shtfrbrains; 11-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:45 AM
MDCARR76 is on a distinguished road
Europipe stage 2 quite for my 996 turbo sounds great. Very happy with sound and performance.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:58 AM
greygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to allgreygt3 is a name known to all
Anybody have anything to say about the AWE Tuning full system? The build quality sure looks good on their website.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what exhaust 2 buy....