GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What comments do you usually get on your GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 AM
das5er is on a distinguished road
What comments do you usually get on your GT3?

The only time I ever saw a GT3 was while walking down the street and see one fly by next to me. Couldnt stop the driver of course to tell him "that thing is like a rocket".

So I was wondering, what comments do you guys usually get from people?

Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
How many speeding tickets have you received?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by das5er
The only time I ever saw a GT3 was while walking down the street and see one fly by next to me. Couldnt stop the driver of course to tell him "that thing is like a rocket".

So I was wondering, what comments do you guys usually get from people?
I get the occasional "thumbs up" from people.
Mr. B

Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
None

Originally Posted by Mcgyver
How many speeding tickets have you received?
No tickets--I save all the speeding for the track.
Mr. B

Old 02-25-2011, 03:27 PM
PBR ME will become famous soon enoughPBR ME will become famous soon enough
"May I see your License and Registration Please?"

Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
"That thing looks stupid"

Old 02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
racer-roy is on a distinguished road
my brother inlaw said he thought it looked like a rice rocket with that big wing on the back!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:45 AM
neuroguru will become famous soon enoughneuroguru will become famous soon enough
A streetguy panhandling at a freeway offramp wanted to know what the car was, turned his head back and forth admiringly, and wanted to know how fast it goes. I said, "55 mph" and he said, "good answer". He never even asked for money ....

I often get sneak attacks by paparazzi. The other day I was admiring a Subaru WRX STi in my mirror thinking how much I want one, when I saw that the guy was throttling up so he could catch me. He was balancing his cellphone on his steering wheel to snap a pic of the rear of my car. I was disturbed by his lack of safety, bolted off and changed lanes so his target was lost.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Taffin will become famous soon enough
we live in Dubai so when we arrive at mall/restaurants valets we always get our picture snapped by tourists

Old 02-26-2011, 07:10 AM
GREENO is infamous around these parts
very true about dubai.. especialy when we go to JBR!!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Taffin will become famous soon enough
best I have had it arriving and leaving Atlantis over xmas period. people literally lost their places in taxi q to come take pics, and of course valet leave car out front as well...

Greeno, you also have a GT3 here in Dubai?

Old 02-26-2011, 01:33 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by neuroguru
A streetguy panhandling at a freeway offramp wanted to know what the car was, turned his head back and forth admiringly, and wanted to know how fast it goes. I said, "55 mph" and he said, "good answer". He never even asked for money ....

I often get sneak attacks by paparazzi. The other day I was admiring a Subaru WRX STi in my mirror thinking how much I want one, when I saw that the guy was throttling up so he could catch me. He was balancing his cellphone on his steering wheel to snap a pic of the rear of my car. I was disturbed by his lack of safety, bolted off and changed lanes so his target was lost.
Ha! I had similar experiences. Twice I've a different girl driving behind me with their cell camera on the dash shooting the azz of my .2 3. Where I live you might never see a gt3. It is kind of funny as I have recently learned of at least three more in the general area. A lot of thumbs up or high beams from on oncoming traffic as well.

Last edited by 911dev; 02-26-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
How fast have you gotten it up to, is a big one. Especially from people who know I track the car

Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
greyhound will become famous soon enoughgreyhound will become famous soon enough
Traded a silver turbo for a black 2011 gt3. Not sure if it is the color, sound, or shape but car gets much more attention than turbo. Funny, because I really think the gt3 is much more conservative and stealthy with the exception of the wing. I did not like the turbo "blingy" wheels, too-busy slots, front end, and weird exhaust tips. The GT3 is much more purposeful and understated. Who knows.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:23 PM
frankie997 is on a distinguished road
Silence... when i traded my C2S in for my 2011 GT3. That's what i heard from my wife.....Silence

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What comments do you usually get on your GT3?