GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Stand 21/Porsche motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:57 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Stand 21/Porsche motorsports

I am in the market for a new helmet and some new track gear for next year and I was searching around and found this video.

I just thought it was kinda cool, bit of a gimic but either way I love the cup cars and the gear looks great to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDIX2...layer_embedded

I think the gloves look great http://www.stand21canada.com/porsche-collection.r-20/porsche-motorsport-gloves.r-26/daytona.f-162.html

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/eventsandracing/motorsport/racingcars/racinggear/

my question is if you guys were looking for a new helmet and gloves which would you buy?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-24-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 11-25-2011, 05:49 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Not the open face helmet. Won't work with radio's and less protection in case the windshield was busted inward.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Dntlvet is on a distinguished road
speedline has a black friday sale if you know what fits you

Old 11-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
I just picked up a Stand 21 full carbon helmet, Motorsport gloves, and a custom suit. The up front design service, personal attention from these guys has been amazing. Very, very impressive gear and service. You will not be disappointed! John

Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dntlvet
speedline has a black friday sale if you know what fits you
Whats the website link?

Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
I just picked up a Stand 21 full carbon helmet, Motorsport gloves, and a custom suit. The up front design service, personal attention from these guys has been amazing. Very, very impressive gear and service. You will not be disappointed! John
So are saying its best to order from them directly to get the right custom made size?

Thanks for the replies, I think the stand21 stuff looks great
http://www.stand21canada.com/porsche...ams.f-163.html

which gloves would you recomend daytona or the outside seam version?

Last edited by lopro; 11-25-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:57 PM
3RS4.0 will become famous soon enough
Stand21 custom suit & gloves. Arai helmet. Done.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:25 PM
Dntlvet is on a distinguished road
I went to the link but did not see pricing for the STAND 21 Porsche and other helmets.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree, I never see any pricing either. I also dont know why they dont offer a way to buy from them online

Old 11-25-2011, 06:23 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
They used to provide a price list on their website but seems they have recently removed it.

I understand the quality is outstanding and their prices reflect it.

Old 11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Zuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant futureZuluracerx has a brilliant future
Guys, learn from my stupidity (it was an expensive lesson). First suit was Hinchman, good quality overall, decent value, but it did not fit right. Next, I ordered an Alpinestars suit, seriously disappointed with quality, pricing, and fit. About $2500 spent so far. Finally, I went to Stand 21 and had them measure and tailor a suit. It costs me about $2500. I went through the same stupid process with my helmets, Bell (2 of these), Stilo composite, and now finally the cat's azz my Stand 21 Carbon Ivos. It is the best fitting, best quality you could ever imagine. Yep, it was expensive too at about $2500. In summary, I am now 100% happy as I know I have the best in terms of my safety, but also in overall comfort. I have learned it is impossible to buy some things over the internet, helmets and driving suits fall into this category. I have the Porsche Motorsports gloves shown in the video and I love those too! Good luck and get it right the first time unlike the path I took! John

Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM
RennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of lightRennFab is a glorious beacon of light
Stand 21 custom suit here as well. Best fitting piece of "clothing" I own.

Old 11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
interesting, I called a couple of places today and the pricing was very different for the same item. over 100$ difference on a 300$ item. I was going to order online and even with the sizing charts im just not confident enough to make the mestake

I dont want to end up having waisted money on something that doesnt fit, this is most likly why they dont offer an option to order online I guess.