6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   PCA Florida Crown at Region Rocks! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/274079-pca-florida-crown-region-rocks.html)

Big Al 04-22-2012 07:32 PM

PCA Florida Crown Region Rocks!

I just got back from RRR instructor school and de with Pca crown region. First, know that I am a proud and active gold coast member and I made the drive from fort lauderdale; second it was one of the best times I have ever had at the track. Josh and his crew of volunteers, instructors and event organizers made me the outsider from the south feal right at home and welcome. From the instructor school (which I passed) to the de, and Saturday BBQ this was a perfectly run program with a solid group of guys and gals. Kudos to you all and hope to see you sometime soon. If you have never been to RRR it's must, and I suggest your try and make it with the crown region. Thanks again for a great time!

Big Al.

onelove 04-23-2012 07:08 AM

Great group of guys for sure! I've been lucky to have Joshua and Barbara as customers and friends for many years now and the way their region runs DE's is what has allowed me to progress as a driver over the years. Wish I could have made it up there this weekend!

anotherswordfis 04-23-2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 3523405)
I just got back from RRR instructor school and de with Pca crown region. First, know that I am a proud and active gold coast member and I made the drive from fort lauderdale; second it was one of the best times I have ever had at the track. Josh and his crew of volunteers, instructors and event organizers made me the outsider from the south feal right at home and welcome. From the instructor school (which I passed) to the de, and Saturday BBQ this was a perfectly run program with a solid group of guys and gals. Kudos to you all and hope to see you sometime soon. If you have never been to RRR it's must, and I suggest your try and make it with the crown region. Thanks again for a great time!

Big Al.

Good to meet you! They are most certainly a class act.

I'll have to make a trip down to Homestead soon for an event in your backyard or meet up with you at Sebring sometime.

E

Big Al 04-23-2012 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by anotherswordfis (Post 3523816)
Good to meet you! They are most certainly a class act.

I'll have to make a trip down to Homestead soon for an event in your backyard or meet up with you at Sebring sometime.

E

Erez right? For sure come down and visit. Sebring is awesome! After seeing that vett get smashed my car will be on Ebay by weeks end. Can't risk that kind of doe. I'll replace it with something in the 50k area.

anotherswordfis 04-23-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Big Al (Post 3523987)
Erez right? For sure come down and visit. Sebring is awesome! After seeing that vett get smashed my car will be on Ebay by weeks end. Can't risk that kind of doe. I'll replace it with something in the 50k area.

Turn 9 is a fast turn. Keep it under 100 and don't try to save it. Considering just how many cars I've see go around 9 over the past 12 events, I've seen 4 or 5 go off into the grass. I've seen two hit the wall. One was Saturday and another was during the PCA race.

Rule #1 on turn 9 - Don't try to save it. Let it go into the grass... Porto-Potty conveniently located right about where you should come to a stop.

And did you see my friend's two GT3 Cup cars? :) They needed some work this week.

Doc GTO 04-23-2012 05:37 PM

Great track! I've been going there since 1995. Turn 9, keep it simple and enjoy.