GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SALE STOP on all GT3's

Old 02-13-2014, 09:20 PM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Who know's but it seems in the past the latest tech was always derived from endurance racing. It's kind of strange that the Metzger was not switched to the 9A1 in the race cars? Why would they not race prove the latest tech first? Sounds like another price jump for the RS cars...
Ha ha yeah 991 GT3 RS: All the things people complained about: 7MT, Metzger, and fire extinguisher....standard.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Mig7410 will become famous soon enough
Old 02-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
I was at my dealer today getting new tires on my car they had a gt3 for delivery tomorrow, but they did confirm that earlier builds had a "recall" on them.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 AM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
I'm glad I ordered the fire extinguisher on mine!

http://www.gtspirit.com/2014/02/15/d...llowing-fires/

Old 02-16-2014, 09:02 AM
stef430 has a spectacular aura aboutstef430 has a spectacular aura about
Enjoying my GT3 - Took delivery in December - haven't received a call nor a notice - am pretty close with Porsche NA ... hearing nothing.....

Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 AM
KSAF is on a distinguished road
Sadly it's true. My GT3 has completed production and the dealer here won't be able to hand it to me until Porsche solves the problem. Here is the email that I've received from the dealer:

"Just for you kind information, Porsche has put a STOP sales campaign on all 911 GT3 due to some quality issues with the engine. They have advised not to deliver the cars to customers until further notice even if they arrive to stock"

Old 02-17-2014, 09:27 AM
FLAT6KING will become famous soon enoughFLAT6KING will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by KSAF
Sadly it's true. My GT3 has completed production and the dealer here won't be able to hand it to me until Porsche solves the problem. Here is the email that I've received from the dealer: "Just for you kind information, Porsche has put a STOP sales campaign on all 911 GT3 due to some quality issues with the engine. They have advised not to deliver the cars to customers until further notice even if they arrive to stock"
Sucks man, hope they can fix this issue soon.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:33 AM
AKPS4 is on a distinguished road
better to have your car in good working order than to have a dangerous condition where it could catch on fire on you. Good to see Porsche taking care of the issue. Hopefully all Owners with GT3's who took delivery will have them sent back in for repairs instead of driving them and waiting to catch fire or selling them off to buyers who are unaware of the situation.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Old 02-19-2014, 12:32 PM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
Bigger question is what about the one that are already delivered and in the hands of the owners.....

Old 02-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Betting

Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
Bigger question is what about the one that are already delivered and in the hands of the owners.....
I'm betting Porsche will recall them all.
Mr. B

Old 02-19-2014, 08:29 PM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
Wear fire suits, it's no joke!

Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Maybe they should retrofit the 997 glued coolant hoses to resolve the combustion issue...

Old 02-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
World wide recall issued today with request from Porsche to all current owner's to not use the car.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Nikolas
World wide recall issued today with request from Porsche to all current owner's to not use the car.
From today's AutoWeek email:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...n=awdailydrive

Mr. B

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SALE STOP on all GT3's