GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Repair Shop Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:01 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
Repair Shop Damage

So I brought my car into a high end repair shop to fix the rear bumper cover some texter hit into me at a light (another story). The repair work came out fine but the car was returned with paint damage to the front bonnet and chips in the windshield. The car was delivered to my house while I was away on vacation or I would have never paid the bill or accepted the car.
There are over 40 paint chips in the bonnet and over 15 chips in the windshield that the shop tells me were existing and its just the detail waxing they did that's highlighting the chips... Bunch of Bull Sh*t if you ask me.
What legal recourse do I have as at this point they don't want to take responsibility.
I'm going to hold off on naming the shop until this is resolved. But be prepared to read more on any and all Porsche and supercar related discussion groups to blast my opinion on this shop.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:03 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Did you agree to receive the car without actually being there?

Old 05-22-2014, 02:22 PM
MJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the roughMJSpeed is a jewel in the rough
Lawyer up my friend, just in the hopes that you could intimidate or scare them into fixing it for you.

Because unless you have absolute proof with irrefutable evidence that this was done by the shop, it's your word vs theirs.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:39 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Good advice given already - what you have going against you is that you accepted and signed for the car.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Lawyering up for paint chips? Seriously work it out with them. If they refuse, don't go back and feel free to name them. Hiring an attorney will cost you far more than just getting a new windshield and paint repair.

You have no way to prove your case, unless you have notarized photographs showing no damage prior.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:25 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
I think paint and windshield chips I think are more symptomatic of abusive driving by the shop - high speed runs. I hope I am wrong!

Old 05-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Tinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Curious, what was the mileage when you brought it in and when you got it back? The damage could occur within a mile but if the mileage difference is minimal it would tend to strengthen their argument.

Tinker

Old 05-24-2014, 07:17 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
yah, sounds to me the car seen some track days....You cant get paint chips just from driving .

Old 05-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MadWhip
yah, sounds to me the car seen some track days....You cant get paint chips just from driving .
Huh?....I get far more chips from street driving than track.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
If the mileage is the came as when you dropped the car off, you have no case.

On another note, When a car is detailed, rock chips in the paint and windshield will be more prevalent. The wax builds up in the pits and if the car is a darker color, it will show pretty bad for a few days till the waxes and polishes settle in.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Waste of time and money getting a lawyer. Work it out with the shop.

Frankly, this kind of post doesn't belong here.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:33 PM
sunset gun will become famous soon enoughsunset gun will become famous soon enough
'....doesn't belong here"??? Really?
I do agree with Bluehinder that a lawyer is not the route....You have NO CASE.
Flame the offending shop, in the most ruthless terms imaginable, in your area, and to a degree just a tiny bit shy of actionable. Drive the lying bastards out of business. Name names. Caveat: Be absolutely sure you can prove what you say. As in, to your Mom and Dad.
But, Bluehinder, you are forehead-slappingly (new word) wrong. Richard181's situation is neither new or unique in Porsche World, or Hyundai World. The Six, and/or any other forum is EXACTLY the place for such discussions. My personal bent is to side with the business owners/vendors/tuners/manufacturers. I've spent an awful lot of years on that side of the world (not the car business,btw) and so I've got scars from unreasonable clients that will never fade. But I've also seen, and corrected, the inexcusable felonious crap left behind by the motherless scum of this Earth.
Without the light shone by richard181 and his ilk in these arenas, we all whistle blithely past the graveyard.

Enjoy the drive.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 PM
rbahr is on a distinguished road
I also have been screwed over recently by a high end shop in the Conn. region and completely disagree with Bluehinder - this is one of the few ways to vent and get some form of retribution. WRT lawyers unless you are talking a lot of money - on the order of the value of the car - forget it... Present your facts (and try to stay to facts) and let the court of public opinion make judgements...

Good Luck and it sure sucks to get taken...

Ray