GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

991 GT3 as a daily driver? call me crazy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MileHigh911
Thanks Stef430. When I placed my order last week, the sales guy was pushing the front axle lift. I really didn't see a need, and would rather replace a lip occasionally if needed. And when I remembered your post about NYC and not having the lift....that really helps make the decision easy. I am anxiously awaiting a Sapphire Blue MY15. Hopefully it arrives before the snow in Denver
... well let me chime in here, I'm using my front axle lift ALL the time. The GT3 is damn low and it's not just the front but also the rear clearance. Last time around I had both PSE actuators replaced (warranty) after my exhaust scrapped along the driveway. I now lift the car and take the driveway in a tighter angle.

Anyway, speedbumps, driveways, steep garage entrances, roads under construction, these are all danger zones for a low car like that. I've hit roads in NYC where suddenly construction zones began (one way street of course and honking traffic backed up behind me) where the only way through without tearing off the front lip was to actually lift the car. With the lift, front axle clearance becomes the same as a Carrera S.

Btw, my car came with it. Like you, I probably would have not ordered that option. That said, it's become my best friend.

If only the button to lift down again would work proplery but that's a different story. Maybe they fixed that for the 991.

I would rethink that option.

Btw, I take that GT3 everywhere from tracks to supermarket pretty much all year around. What an awesome car.

Last edited by Nurburg611; 06-23-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:52 PM
GT3991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
Thanks for sharing, I assume you have the sport seat plus correct? Mine doesn't have the lift and I have the club sport. Probably not as practical and comfortable.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GT3991
Thanks for sharing, I assume you have the sport seat plus correct? Mine doesn't have the lift and I have the club sport. Probably not as practical and comfortable.
Just note I can't comment on the 991 since I have a 7.2 GT3. It came with sport bucket seats, PCCB, engine mounts, axle lift, radio delete and a bunch of extra alcantara stuff. The only thing I've changed is sharkwerks bypass, CLA sport steering wheel (it's thicker than even the normal RS steering wheel) and some safety equipment.

All in all it's def a sporty setup but I drive it multiple times a week.

Two things to note: I find the bucket seats surprisingly comfortable even on longer drives. On bad road conditions the whole car gets annoying but that's just how it is. NYC roads are especially bad but I've been whining about that in several threads now so no news here.

On the front axle lift, again it's one of these things that wouldn't have been on my options list but after the fact I found myself using it a lot. Every time I'm faced with some obstacle, it's giving me greater comfort and sometimes I was already cringing in advance but the car ended up not scraping. Those 1.2 inches really help. I had a Carrera S before so I have a good sense what I can and cannot do with that ground clearance and it makes a big difference. And those GT3s are just really low. Dig the look and feel but I remember the days when I practically couldn't enter any garage anymore with my first Golf GTI because I had lowered it by some 3 inches LOL.

The only thing that I'd be worried about it's just that one more option that can break over time. I like my cars simple and sturdy so my original bias would have been against it.

Old 06-23-2014, 09:42 PM
RobSpyder will become famous soon enough
I've driven the 991 GT3. It's soft. Easily a daily driver. Super comfy.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:55 PM
daffyduck is a jewel in the roughdaffyduck is a jewel in the roughdaffyduck is a jewel in the rough
from what i've heard, the 991gt3 is very daily drive-able. pdk, great ergos, tech gizmos, reasonable exhaust note, and compliant suspension. gluck!